how doi find a group uuid key

ChristianClarkson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Christian,

Search for your group here...

https://secondlife.com/my/community/groups/index.php?

Click your group name, which should be at the top of the search results, then click "More Info". At the bottom of the resulting page, you'll see "Link to this page:", followed by a URL. The text after the last forward slash in that URL is your group's UUID.

Cut and paste!

• Like 1

Christian messaged me to state that his group doesn't show up in search. That could be the result of unticking the "Show in search" box in the group's info window and I suppose that could happen if the group was created within the last few hours and it hasn't propagated to the database yet.

Christian, the Answers section was apparently designed to get in its own way, and as you've probably discovered, you can't post to your own question thread. You can edit your original question via "Options" over there on the right, adding more commentary as we respond. We don't get notifications that you've edited your post, so we might miss your further input, but it's the only way to work through a problem publicly, with the hope of solving the problem for anyone who encounters this in the future.

If you have an alt, you can continue a dialog with us here using that account. Only the account you used to post the question is blocked from posting. Linden Lab should win an Ignobel Prize for that brilliant idea.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Another method is to wear your group tag and then rez a prim.   Check to make sure it's set to your group and, having confired this is the case, drop this short script into the prim's inventory:

default{	state_entry()	{		llOwnerSay("My group key is "+llList2String(llGetObjectDetails(llGetKey(),[OBJECT_GROUP]),0));		llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());	}}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.