when I right click an item to edit it the profile for the item comes up says nothing selected ?

Wazzas McMillan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When i click on an item to edit it that is not mine the profile for the item comes up with no information on it everything is blank. It says on the profile nothing selected. But when i click items that belong to myself all the information is there. I understand i may not be able to edit the item of the owner if i don't have the permissions to do so but would like to see who it belongs to

4 answers to this question

Hi Wazzas,

Make sure you are close to the item. Once the edit window opens, right-click the object again. I've often had to click an item several times to get the info fields to populate. And make sure the edit window is showing the "General" tab, as that's the only one that will show anything.

Good luck!

Chances are pretty good that you didn't select the item that you are trying to examine.  Either it was behind some other transparent object or it was too far away to select, or you just missed it with your right click.  Get closer, cam around from a different angle, and try selecting it by dragging a selection rectangle around it (it you have that option enabled in your Build menu).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.