Not good at this.....making friends thing.

SpringSugar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings.
The name's Lilith, but you may call me either Honey or Lilly. Or anything you want I suppose.

Despite my very young second life birthdate, I have been on for at least 6 or so years. 

Two of my previous accounts have been lost, and I am yet again starting over.

I'm not good at making friends. Tend to be a bit shy, close kept, etc. and it hinders my ability to talk to new people. Whenever I try to speak in public, I usually get forgotton or such. Came to the conclusion that it's because I've been hanging around the wrong people, because I have known people on SL who are both kind and friendly. They just don't stick around for long. 

I haven't lost faith~ I promise.

I am 19 years old in real life. My interests vary from one thing to the next. I am a /HUGE/ music enthusiast among a plethora of other things.

Feel free to IM me in world~ 

I look forward to any new friendships. 

Come get to know me ^~^ 

Here's another suggestion...get involved.

Find a group in SL that strikes your interest, then join it. Once you're in there, just send out a group IM. See if anyone responds...start a conversation. See if they know cool places to hang out.

Good luck

Candi Clawtooth wrote:

Hi Lilly, 

Another thing to is don't just send out a friend request (which I'm pretty sure you know).  Talk to the person first ,
even if it is just a 'hi'
.   And from there on in , just be YOURSELF!   You will do fine!   Have fun in your SL !

I would caution Lilly that just saying 'hi' may not get her anywhere. It is probably the most boring way to initiate a conversation other than 'U wanna sex?'.  My advice is to perv profiles and find someone who seems to share some of your interests, use that as a starter. For example, "Hi :)  I couldn't help noticing in your profile that you love to explore art sims.  I do, too. Have you seen the <name of location> yet?"  You may get a response, you may not (the person could be afk or chatting with someone else). Don't let that stop you from trying again.

I agree with the suggestion to beef up your profile. Maybe someone will perv yours and say something to you.  Don't wait around for them to do so, though. You have nothing to lose by generating some starters yourself.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an example of what you can do, Compliment someone's avatar, find something interesting in their profile and talk about that....Just saying Hi isn't really a good start. :)  I am always looking for new friends. I just started getting into 7 seas fishing. I am a huge music buff, plus i am a gamer. I play World of warcraft when i'm not on SL:) hehe

• 2 weeks later...

I am similar to your situation. Not good at finding the right people. I also love to get lost in my head phones in this app called spotify and I go hunting for the music my ears like. and I like to draw in rl .I like using pens. Well only when I am down (sad)  I end up creating a masterpiece. But I know I'm not that good.i try to get to know people but end up being forgotten...like I'm too boring or something...I can get shy but mostly I try not too. I try opening up even if it means people walking away lol.the ones that walk away from me rant for keeps :D I am 19 years old and I will be 20 in December (the following month) I would like to get to know you but at the moment I cannot go in world which I miss. So far this is my first forum reply I think not sure. I am on a tablet so I am very sorry if I have made any small errors. It's hard having auto correct popping up every second l:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.