Is there any way I can tell instantly if someone near me belongs to the Bloodlines group?

GaryPreston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

That's extremely unlikely.  I doubt that their database is downloadable, and you couldn't write an LSL script that could handle it anyway.  If you find yourself in a circle of people that seems to have a lot of vampires in it, maybe your best strategy is to look for another circle instead of trying to reform that one. I'm trying to remember the last time I ran across anyone that I knew was a member of Bloodlines.  They are either very clandestine or there aren't all that many of them around (or I am totally clueless, which is also possible :smileytongue: ).

15 answers to this question

That's extremely unlikely.  I doubt that their database is downloadable, and you couldn't write an LSL script that could handle it anyway.  If you find yourself in a circle of people that seems to have a lot of vampires in it, maybe your best strategy is to look for another circle instead of trying to reform that one. I'm trying to remember the last time I ran across anyone that I knew was a member of Bloodlines.  They are either very clandestine or there aren't all that many of them around (or I am totally clueless, which is also possible :smileytongue: ).

There's no sure way to detect vampires.  They are vewy, vewy sneaky that way!

Of course, if someone offers to bite you, it's a Serious Clue.  And if their groups contain one like "Bloodsuck Family" or "MasterVamp Clan" it might raise your eyebrows a bit too.

Because most of the Bloodlines players I know personally don't flaunt their exsanguinary activities, I simply ignore any such pointers.  They know better than to inflict their roleplay activities on the uninvolved.  One may consider their involvement with Bloodlines as an eccentricity, no worse than stamp collecting or adopting dozens of cats.

Those that DO run around sporting gleaming fangs, bone-white skin, and black clothing, trying to bite anyone within chat range somehow never end up on my Friends list.

yes there is a way, but not without being registered yourself to Bloodllines.

It doesn't mean you have to be bitten, or contribute to the game. Just buy the Human Hud, do nothing else, and use it to scan.

But you think about BL like it's some kind of disease.... its a GAME in SL. No need at all to know who is member or not. Many, really many, people are once bitten and don't even remember or never played it. So you avoid them?.. Better leave sl than..this is a group nearly half of the total residents.

Next to that there are so many other really evil things that people do on SL that vampirism is like play hide and seek. You avoid those people too?... I think it's a little bit weird you want to know who is in a game and who not. You scan or ask people in real too what they do for fun? You'd get some pretty scary answers i'm affraid.

Wear the garlic necklace, it's free on the MP, and no vampire of Bloodlines will ever contact you, but the other systems will not be bothered by it. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Garlic-Necklace/6231947

Did you know there are more? Even ones that don't need your permission at all to get you in their game? Huge chance it's already too late...and you'r infected without knowing.

Best ways to tell are by looking at someone's profile and seeing if they list any Bloodlines groups there  or, of course, if they offer to bite you.

I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you.   I'm not a member of Bloodlines but my business partner makes a lot of content for them, so I know quite a lot of them.   My impression is  that most of them spend their time on their own RP regions, doing whatever stuff vampires do to entertain themselves.   It's only the ones who aren't welcome on Bloodlines regions, because they're nuisances there too, who spend their time trying to bite people at welcome areas and the like.

• Like 1

Hmmm... And what percentage of those do you think are still in SL today? Those databases have been around for years. I'm betting that there's no way that they could remove the names of people who have moved on from SL. There's also no way to tell how many of those are bots. The numbers are about as useful as Linden Lab's own count of active accounts. I probably am clueless anyway, but the fact that nobody has asked to bite my neck for years (and nobody ever has) tells me that they can't be a high percentage of the REAL population today.

GaryPreston wrote:

I don't support vampirism in
rl
or sl  because to me it is a principle of murder.

Hi Gary,

I don't think it makes any difference that you don't support vampirism in RL, as it doesn't exist. The concept is the creation of the human imagination, like so many other things. Whether you like it or not, for the duration of your life on Earth, you will be involved in the imaginary play of others. My own imagination has, time and again, destroyed every Earthling, leaving all the paint in Home Depot untouched so that I might repaint downtown Port Washington to suit my preference for shades of purple.

What does exist in both RL and SL (in different proportions) is annoying behavior. If you don't like the way someone is behaving towards you or others, move on. If you do like the way they're behaving, why worry about what games they play when you're not watching?

Well, you have to count the OP too, Maddy, so there are at least 4 of us in SL (you, me, Alwin, and the OP). Unless one of us isn't real. Oh, and you have to include Lindal. She's real. I've met her. So 10% of at least 5. Since Alwin confessed, the rest of us are safe. (Higher math makes my head hurt.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.