You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Big dresses for small men.

Are female dress sizes adjustable to fit all avatars?  If my male avatar is considered small, will I be able to modify female dresses to fit accordingly?  WIll they 'hang' ok on a small male avatar?

I am asking this question for a friend. Should I move this post to AVATARS?

/me coughs

Umm...well...you have been known to surprise me on occasion.  I hope that Richard Parkes replies because he is one 'man' who must have had experience adjusting prim dress bits to fit (unless he is completely wedded to silks, in which case, they will just hang on him).

system dresses will automatically adjust to fit.... however prim skirts may not fit well on a small male avie depending on how they are made....

if they are made to an outside circle (as most short skirts are) then they will likely require some editing...

if they are made to match a gown, the pieces usually extend inward and should require minimal to no editing and fit most avatars regardless of size.

however, be careful of underbreast shading on tops, as this is not something you can remove, and if it's overly strong it will look "off" on smaller (or non) breasted avatar frames.

Void Singer wrote:

system dresses will automatically adjust to fit.... however prim skirts may not fit well on a small male avie depending on how they are made....

if they are made to an outside circle (as most short skirts are) then they will likely require some editing...

if they are made to match a gown, the pieces usually extend inward and should require minimal to no editing and fit most avatars regardless of size.

however, be careful of underbreast shading on tops, as this is not something you can remove, and if it's overly strong it will look "off" on smaller (or non) breasted avatar frames.

Thank you Void.  I will cut and paste into a note card and pass along.

Btw, will the dresses decant?

Void Singer wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

not sure what you mean....  fill out perhaps? the prim parts obviously will, the texture parts (like the tops) won't (which is why the shading is important)

Me neither.  I have been trying to figure out a decanting dress for 7 months; ever since squashy posted in the old GD.

ETA Void, do you really think I understood anything you wrote? :smileyindifferent:  I just wanted to start a BDSM thread.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Pierre, is that dress decanting? or just plain canting?

It is "Perrie," not Pierre.  I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

BTW, isn't 'decanting' something you do to fine wines?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Pierre, is that dress decanting? or just plain canting?

It is "Perrie," not Pierre.  I may make love like a French man but I am not French.

BTW, isn't 'decanting' something you do to fine wines?

From the looks of it I think I decanted your name.  It tricks the eye, no offense meant.  I will pay more attention.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Void Singer wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

not sure what you mean....  fill out perhaps? the prim parts obviously will, the texture parts (like the tops) won't (which is why the shading is important)

Me neither.  I have been trying to figure out a decanting dress for 7 months; ever since squashy posted in the old GD.

ETA Void, do you really think I understood anything you wrote? :smileyindifferent:  I just wanted to start a BDSM thread.

in that case all you had to do was ask "leather or latex?" lol

PS, I think perhaps "decent" was intended in the original

Void Singer wrote:

rope or tape?

PS

both questions so far fail to cover what I'd use.

If you are talking restraints, I prefer 'self'.  It takes will-power but the rewards are much more delightful.  Oh, and feathers AND fingertips.

/me grins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.