Can't log into SL cuz FS viewer is outdated, but I can't update unless I log in to backup my files!

perralina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to log into SL tonight, and I received the following message: This version has been blocked by the Firestorm Project because it is too far out of date. Please update your viewer. Please update! (I have version 4.6.7 and the latest version is 4.7.3)

When I try to update, I am told that I must backup my settings and my chat files -- but in order to update, I must log into SL!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I may be able to backup my files if I am not permitted to enter SL?

I'm amazed that I didn't receive any warnings before being prevented from entering SL! It's SO frustrating not being able to enter SL, and I'm very worried that I may not be able to retrieve my accounts...

ANY help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

3 answers to this question

to start... ALL releases are announced at the startscreen of Firestorm and pop ups are given when you log in when a new version is available.... i'm not sure you can disable that, but in that case it's your own choice not to get this warnings.

Your chatfiles are stored on your local machine, you can save that folder and simply paste it back in the new one.

(C/users/username/appdata/roaming/firestorm    you find all files there per username)

If you'r so far behind in updates i doubt it's worth the trouble to save your settings. There are some big changes so renew your settings could be better.

You will never loose accounts by updates, assuming you know your names, if not, write them down before updating, you can see them without logging at the dropdown, or in the chatfiles.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.