I don;t want to wait till the 30th to change my damn name. I made a mistake dammit

LycanQueenHeather Kessling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You may have more than one account  associated with your email.  If you wish you may create another account with the name you want.  There is no need to delete the old one either. Besides, there are several good reasons to have an alt account such as being able to log in if the primary account has problems, building alt, merchant alt, co-owner for a group, furniture pose adjustments, etc.

The week delay is there to prevent abuse.  Everyone has to go through the delay.  I understand your frustrations but ... what wording would you use to mean go back other than "reset?"  Also, this may be a word of warning for when you edit your shape (among other things) there will be a reset button that will clear all changes made since the last save.

There are a lot of things in SL that require some patience.  For what it's worth, when I was new I found it very helpful to look up things in the Help or Knowldege Base here to make sure that I understood how to do something and what the options were.    

Here's the instructions from there regarding changing display name (note the difference in results between clicking SAVE and clicking RESET):

Display Names

Setting or changing your display name 

You can change your display name once every seven days, but you can Reset it at any time, which makes it appear as your "classic" Second Life first name and last name, or your username.

To set or change your display name:

1. Log into Second Life.
  2. In the Second Life Viewer, click Me > Profile... or profile1.jpg in the toolbar.
  3. Click Edit Profile.
  4. Click Display Name.
  5. Type the desired display name in the field under New Display Name.
  6. Type the name again to confirm.
  7. Click Save.

To reset your display name to its default (the same as your username) in the Edit Profile page, click Reset.

Alternatively, you can set or reset your display name on your profile web page:

https://my.secondlife.com/your.user.name

Where your.user.name is your username.

KBnote.png Note: Changes to your display name may take up to 24 hours to propagate  throughout all of Second Life's systems.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.