Did I miss something?

Sandi Glas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I've been accused before of not paying attention to announcements, but did I miss something?  Why do Private Estate parcels have to be listed as for rent and not for sale?  We have long made a distinction between selling land on private estates and renting it, with the implcation being that someone who buys the parcel gets "full rights" and someone who rents does not.  A person looking for land and coming to these forums will see they can 'buy" land on the mainland, but only "rent" land on private estates.  Somehow, that just doesn't seem fair to me.  I'm interested to know what others might think.

As Dogboat said, it's all rented. If you stop paying estate tier, the estate owner will eventually reclaim the land, and if you quit paying tier to LL they'll reclaim your mainland. The distinction between buy vs. rent is a little more valid on mainland parcels where land is sold without recourse, whereas on estate land, parcels are sold with recourse to reclaim if tier is not paid. I very rarely (only once) have seen situations where estates are set up like mainland rentals and you don't get full rights by buying the land, but rather join a group to get limited rights.

The categories in this forum are fine. We don't need two subcategories for estate land.

Sandi Glas wrote:

Why do Private Estate parcels have to be listed as for rent and not for sale? 

Sandi -

They don't.

End of discussion, question answered, let's all throw a party and have a great day!

Lizard

Oh.

Ooops.

Apparently with the new Forum they have to be placed in the "Parcels for Rent: Estate" category.

There is nothing that says you can't ignore the heading and still advertise your Estate parcels as being for sale.

This is one of those endless debates that will never be resolved so just ignore it.

As long as you are advertising in the right place you'll be fine.

Lizard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.