I have general questions about Premium and owning land for the first time.

AngelicDescent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Thank you to whomever answers these. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

a. From my understanding, once you upgrade your account, you get a choice of a Linden Home or your first 512 sqm of land has no monthly cost (still have to buy the land from someone). Is that correct?

b. Furthermore, if I don't go with a Linden Home and want to purchase a piece of land (e.g. 2,048 sqm), that 512 sqm benefit can be used toward the 2,048 sqm? Or does that not matter, since I would still be paying for the 2048 sqm monthly cost?

c. If I want to abandoned my land, it will be removed from my land fees for the month or until I buy my new property?

d. That said, if I abandoned my land and don't want to purchase any other, can I use the Linden Home instead and if I want to swap back, can I use the free 512 sqm on a newly bought property or is that a one time benefit?

e. Lastly, if I can't pay the land fees on time, what do I need to do prior and if I have to downgrade to Basic at anytime, what happens to the land I bought?

2 answers to this question

a) yes, except you go rent on a private sim, in that case your free 512 doesn't count

b) yes it won't count, except your landowning exceeds the limit for a tier level so for example 1023 sqm will keep you in the 512 level, but 1025 will be in the 1024 tier level. But you can buy up to 1536 before raing to the next level..

c) you will pay the entire billingcycle for the amount of land you owned. Abandon at first day will still give you the bill for owning land that month.

d) yes you can always go back to a Linden Home as often as you want. Even when owning more land, but you won't be able to use the free 512 tier level on that other parcel.

e) you have to abandon or SELL the land before you can't longer pay the tier level, or your account will go in debt and your account will be locked till you paid the debt. You can't downgrade to basic as long you own land, you will have to abandon it upfront.

• Like 2

Alwin's responses are all exactly correct.  For even more detail, please read articles in the Knowledge Base, starting with

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477

and

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103

and

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

Also, consider taking Lindal Kidd's free class on land ownership and management offered every Friday evening at 5 SLT at Caledon Oxbridge University in world.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.