What dose some one do when all help fails?

maggiessunrise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am at a loss of how to fix this issue i am having with second life.

It won't allow me to purchase any more linden dollars, so i will be loosing my land and soon my account.

Because if you can't pay for it they take it all back.

It's made me feel like being punished for becoming a premium member in the first place.

If i had stayed a none member i wouldn't be loosing my account, maybe my land but not my account.

No one can help i have call linden labs talk to pay pal and made sure my account at the banks is all good.

Every thing here on my account is updated did the whole payment update more times then i should have ever needed to

I am looking for a real solusion to a real problem??? Signed Frustrated Member

3 answers to this question

Contact support. If time is an issue, call.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 2

Hi Maggie,

LL recently changed their requirements for payment methods...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.3

It sounds like you have removed and re-added your payment method (as advised in the note on the page I posted above). If you haven't, do so.

They've reduced the number of credit cards they recognize, and allow only Paypal and Skrill (I think) as non CC payment sources. But even those payment sources must be backed up by something that can guarantee instantaneous payment. LL will not wait the 5-7 business days it takes for bank transfers to refill a drained Paypal account.

If you are unable to meet the new payment method requirements, you can abandon any land you hold and return to basic membership. Then you'll be able to continue in SL without having any money.

If you are already in arrears because LL attempted a withdrawal from your account and your old payment method was rejected, I'm not sure what you can do about it. It has long been argued that LL should allow a grace period during which people can return to basic after failure to pay their premium membership fee.

• Like 3

I've read the notes you posted over the past day or two.  There are a couple of things that occur to me.  One is that you don't need to buy L$ to pay your land fees.  Those will be paid directly out of your PayPal or credit card as $USD without ever becoming L$ along the way.  If you have been buying L$ for that purpose in the past, you have been losing money, because Linden Lab charges 30 cents per transaction every time you buy L$ and then another 3.5% when you resell them. 

Second, you said that you have made sure that your "account at the banks is all good."  You cannot transfer money directly from a bank account to Linden Lab unless you are using a bank wire, which is truly expensive and complicated.  Therefore, I assume you are either using a bank-issued credit card or a debit card, or you are using a PayPal account that is verified with your bank account.  None of those is a good choice.  Linden Lab won't accept most bank cards because thos cards typically can't handle instant transfer, and LL is very clear about saying that if you use a PayPal account that is verified through a bank, you must maintain a cash balance with PayPal to pay your SL bills.  (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.7.3 and https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.10.8 ).  In the past, LL has accepted some bank cards and debit cards more easily than it apparently does today, with their new credit processor.

It sounds like the solution is to get an approved credit card or to verify your PayPal account with an approved credit card, or to at least move enough cash into your PayPal account to cover your SL fees now.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.