Im on day two of no voice options,

Trishasrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay day two of no voice options, Checked mic with other applications and it works, so rulled out broken Mic, The voice option is blacked out and disabled, Clean install has been done twice now for both SL viewer and Firestorm. Could some one please point me in the right direction to fix this?

6 answers to this question

For info regarding ports that need to be open for voice, and general firewall settings/issues with SL, you could look at:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-voice-chat/ta-p/700169

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539

Perhaps some port or firewall settings were inadvertently changed on your PC. 

I need help here, too, but for a different reason.

I just started SL, so an update change isn't the issue.

The voice chat doesn't work, definitely firewall caused.  Thing is, when I tried to click on the allow button, the whole pop-up window froze up, so not only did it never take, the window vanished on me.  I tried to find other ways to get it to allow the program, but no go.  However, my Firewall is Windows Defender, so the articles above don't help at all.

I tried calling my ISP, using the port numbers that were on the notice message, but without the full IP and codes, they won't do a thing.  I tried looking up that information on here, but found nothing,

I need the Voice chat running, because I'm a singer...or rather, will be one if I can get discovered.

Please help.

EmpressReborn, you might want to also check the Firestorm Voice troubleshooting page here.   Most all of the information on that page applies regardless of whether you're using the Firestorm third-party viewer or using the standard LL viewer.  One of the main things to understand is that bulk of the voice service is provided by an external application SLVoice which is made by the SL voice provider Vivox (which is separate from LL).   So, one of the important things to check in terms of your firewall is the SLVoice.exe is not being blocked by your firewall or by your anti-virus software.  

There is also a place inworld, where you can go when you're troubleshooting voice issues - Voice Echo Canyon - where anything that you say in voice is echoed back to you.  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Voice Echo Canyon/127/126/24    

If you're not testing at the Voice Echo Canyon, make sure that voice is allowed at the location you are at when you're testing.  Not all areas in SL allow voice - it's an option that the land owner can set, or not set. 

Hopefully there will be some information in the Firestorm voice troubleshooting page that will help you get everything set up so that voice works for you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.