Using a Xbox One controller for Second Life?

Lanir Chrome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering if anyone got experience with using a Xbox One controller with second life and could share how they set it up, I recentely had to switch controller from my old Xbox 360 one, however, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the Xbox One to work properly in Second Life, Yes it's checked in joystick and all, so that's not issue, most buttons work as expected, except with the triggers and bumpers(such as one seeming as if stuck, working fine outside of SL).

So if anyone can help in any way, I'd appreciate it!

Edit:

Using 360 style of settings does not work with the Xbox One controller(I'd asume due to some differences in driver), however using Virtual flycam and Xpadder, may be used as a work around, I am not sure as I couldn't get Virtual flycam to install, which could be because I'm on Windows 10.(and even in compitability mode it refuses to install the driver)

so for those using Xbox One controller and are getting issues, could try that.(for future, just in case)

Edit #2: Turns out it was just my drivers that were wonky, and I got it to work properly after a while of playing with drivers!

5 answers to this question

Lanir,

you said "it started working properly after you started playing with the drivers". What did you do with the drivers to get it to work. I am having the same issue. I tired to switch to an Xbox one and I can't get get to show up as a joystick. I tired going back to my 360 controller and its not showing up now either.  

8 minutes ago, LukeFlywalker Fittinger said:

Lanir,

you said "it started working properly after you started playing with the drivers". What did you do with the drivers to get it to work. I am having the same issue. I tired to switch to an Xbox one and I can't get get to show up as a joystick. I tired going back to my 360 controller and its not showing up now either.  

that thread is 3 years old, don't expect an answer ;)

We might need other info as well, like what operating system do you run and what controller software are you using, as well as maybe what viewer you use. I personally use a steam controller without even having Steam installed so I guess it could be done using the right stuff.

In most cases the viewer simply finds the controller and it works. You have to tweak some of the values to adjust sensitivity to your preferences.

However, having more than a mouse and keyboard connected before you hook up the XBox controller can confuse the viewer. The Xbox should be no more than the third thing. If you have more than one joystick-like device then the viewer chooses whichever it thinks has the higher priority. AFAIK there is no way to control that other than disconnecting devices.

If Windows cannot find the device, the viewer won't either. Use Windows' Device Manager and look in the Human Interface Devices. If it is not showing, you'll need to Google how to get it working with Windows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.