Group chat doesn't automatically open

Ren Float

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Several days ago, I created a group specifically to keep in touch with my favorite friends. When I manually open the group chat and try to post, I get "You are the only participant in this IM session. Your message is not being retransmitted or stored." This happens even if other group members are online (none of whom use "funky" characters in their display name). If I close my group chat window and someone else tries to post, they get the same error I do. However, if I leave my window open when someone else posts, I do get their message - but the group chat window does not open for the rest of the members.

Is there a setting I've missed somewhere?

===========================

So how do the REST of the groups I belong to open a window automatically when someone posts to it? For example, Builder's Brewery is constantly being opened automatically no matter how many times I close it per session. I don't even bother trying to close SL Frees & Offers for this very reason.

1 answer to this question

When a user closes a group chat window they will no longer receive messages from that group until they either open the chat window again or relog.  It could be that your friends log on, try to chat, see no one is receiving the message and then closing the window so that the next person that logs on and tries to chat will again see no one as logged on since the people who are on have all closed chat and are not receiving messages.

If it is just a few friends, you might consider adding them to a single IM window.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.