Can I move every item on one avatar, to a different avatar?

Metal Gynoid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Metal Gynoid and Creative Paine are both my avatars.  I want to move everything on Metal Gynoid, to Creative Paine and retire Metal Gynoid.  Can this be done?  Alternatively, can I change Metal Gynoid's name to Creative Paine? You can tell, I REALLY like that name.  I should have stuck with it when I made it, that way he would have all the wonderful resources that Metal has.

6 answers to this question

Every account is separate and unique.  Whether you own both of those accounts or only one of them, the answer is the same.  You may only transfer assets from one account to another if they are transferable. Any items that have no-transfer perms cannot be transferred (hence, the name).  Also, every account name is unique.  It can never be changed under any circumstances.  Just like your account's UUID and your RL Social Security number, it is an identifier that you will have forever.

You may use a Display name for either of your accounts, if you like.  You may actually use the same display name for both if that isn't too confusing for you and others. (My financial alt -- the alt who handles my cash -- is named Rolig, and I hardly ever get us confused. :smileytongue:)

• Like 4

no, if you own  "no transfer" items you can not give it to another acount.

Each individual is seperate for LL, all use for no transfer materials is for the original owner only.

And no to the question to change the name either... you can only put the display name to the same, but username and account will stay seperate.

• Like 3

Wow, still thinking about this after three years?

Well, at least you're patient.  And if you are patient a little while longer, you may have another option...the ability to pay a fee to LL and change your user name.  We don't know all the details of how this will work, so you'll just have to keep an eye on the official blog for news.  However, it does seem likely that you won't be able to pick just any name; like the original system, last names will likely be chosen from a list of available names provided by LL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.