Sign in to follow this  
zyf444e668

Rezzing objects scripting help!

I am creating a crate that rezzes objects.You see when it rezzes the object it will rez 10 of them side by side right next to the crate.I want to know how to do this.It is complicated for a guy who cannot script anything!

Use llRezAtRoot.  Study the first example on the wiki.  If you want to rez ten objects, you'll have to call that function ten times, using a slightly different offset each time so that they don't rez on top of each other.

Ok i need a little help with it.It isn't rezzing them beside the box/crate.Moreso away from it.The script works but not the way i want it to because i haven't fully edited it and i need help with that.

Take a good look at that example script again.  See where it says

vector vec = llGetPos() + < 0.0, 0.0, 5.0>; // 5 meter above this

?  That's the position where you want the new object to rez..  Quite literally, "Here, plus 5.0 meters higher."  If you meant "Here plus 2 meters to the left", you'd write 

vector vec = llGetPos() + < 0.0, -2.0, 0.0>; // 2 meter to the left of this

And if you wanted to be sure that the new object always rezzed 2.0 meters to the left of your rezzer, regardless of how you turned it, you'd write

vector vec = llGetPos() + < 0.0, -2.0, 0.0>* llGetRot(); // 2 meter to the left of this, regardless of my rotation.

The only limitation at all is that you can't rez an object more than 10.0 m away from your rezzer.  If you want it to end up there, you have to rez it closer first and then move it.  That's more of a challenge.

• Like 1