Returned Certificates

Kenai Harbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How come, since the end of September, I am suddenly getting on my client splash screen during loading sl a message that says "The certificate returned by the Grid appears to be expired. Please check your system clock, or contact your Grid adminsitrator." What is this all about? I saw on forums there are others getting this same message. I am not able to log on unless I use a VPN. I think using a VPN has degraded my SL experience considerably although its better than nothing at all. It makes creating and enjoying SL difficult. By the way who is my Grid administrator?

1 answer to this question

There are several possibilities.  One of the more common ones is that you are still using Windows XP, which is no longer supported by either Microsoft or Second Life.  If you do a deep search of the Microsoft web sites, you can still find a patch for XP that will work, I believe, but the better solution is to get rid of XP and upgrade to a more recent OS like Win 7, 8.1, or 10. 

Another possibility is that your system clock really is messed up and needs to be reset.  Take a look to verify not only the time but also the date, and reset it if necessary. Just double-click the clock in the Windows taskbar (usually in the lower-right corner of the screen). On a Mac, check your Date & Time

Another possibility .... Be sure a firewall or Internet security isn't blocking Second Life access.  If you are on a college campus or are using a corporate network, your system IT administrator (your "grid administrator") may be blocking sites like SL as a way of getting you to pay attention to your studies or work. :smileywink:

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.