How to link sliding door?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are using rez-faux to package your build, you don't really need to link the sliding door.  I'm assuming if you link it, it stops working?  Just link all the parts that you can and then package.  I have the same problem when I have builds with scuptie stairs.  The stairs have to be phantom with a second invisible prim to walk on.  If I link them, then the entire stair case becomes phantom.  So I just package the phantom parts by themselves and link everything else.

If you really want to get the sliding door linked and still functional, you might play with the order in which you link the prim together.  That way you change which prim becomes the root prim and that can make a big difference in how some scripts operate.

--Cinn

your object doesn't need to be physical for a door script either. That is only for physics engines like cars, boats, planes and the such. The order in which you link the prims may effect how it works though. And without actualy seeing the scripts you have I have know way of knowing how they work.

rez-foo, rez-faux, jack-in-the-box, and builders buddy, (or an other rez-box solution) do not require items to be linked... simply drop the helper script into each linkset (one per linkset), take them to inventory, and place the pieces in the rez box per normal instructions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.