Slink Feet

Dasha Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have been on sl since 2007. I still use SL daily.  But an now finding that more and more shoes use the slink feet. I have seen the medium and high feet I want the flat ones.

Can i get those on mp or in world id like a demo. Also Iv ben told cant use my old shoes/ boots once have the slink feet. so how do i go back to the old feet i have if i buy the slink feet.

thankyou.

Hi Dasha,

Let's start with the easy part. "how do i go back to the old feet i have if i buy the slink feet." Easy; just take off your Slink feet.

The thing about mesh feet is that they are just another item that can be worn.  They come with an alpha layer to hide your original system feet but they are basically just an item that is worn.  With Slink, if you go that way, each height is a separate set of feet you wear with your shoes.

If you want to wear your old shoes, just take off the prim feet.  Boots are even easier since they cover up everything they are typically worn without mesh feet anyway.

[ETA] -- i need more coffee before I post --

Mesh feet have more or less taken over the shoe market. They're easy to use, they look nice, and since you can buy appliers for them, they're much easier to skin match than prim feet. 

Step one is to demo the feet to see if you even like them. You'll have to look inworld for the demo. 

Step two, if you've decided you like them, is to check to see if your skin creator makes appliers for them. This will give you a near-perfect skin match, no guesswork. If they do, buy them; if they don't, you might want to look around for a new skin. (You CAN manually match your feet, but it's much more challenging and gives a much less perfect match.)

Step three is to go ahead and buy your feet! As you've noticed, there are three heights. I have all three, personally, which I switch around for different outfits. There are more shoes available for the high feet than any others, but you can find cute sandals and sneakers for the flat feet, or go barefoot without looking odd. 

To go back to your old feet, just take off the Slink feet! (And the alpha you have to wear with them, to hide your regular feet.) Boots often don't use Slink feet at all, anyway. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.