MOAP question

XbabylonX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I think Im sure what Im looking for cant be done, but I would need a confirmation.

What I wanted to do is to get the username (just like the way we get it by using touch_start) of the person who clicked a link inside the webpage (moap). The webpage is drawn using data: text/html method.

It cant be done, right?

You can't directly determine who clicked a webpage link on a MOAP prim but there are workarounds:

1. If the page is static and can't be scrolled, stick another media prim over where the link should be and have it display just the link and scripted to detect touches, passing the key to other functions and scripts.

2.If the page is scrollable, on the first instance of using a media prim you have to click the prim twice. First to activate interactivity, second to allow navigation. You can can compare who touched the prim each click and if the same UUID clicks twice then they are probably navigating the webpage. You can then pass their uuid to other functions and even to the wep page with the HTML functions.

3. If the link is navigable. I.e. it causes the page to go to another page, you can get the key of who last touched the prim in a touch event and pass it to functions when the the page changes. You can determine page navigation perhaps on a timer with llGetPrimativeParams and get  and compare the PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL ] to the to a web page you've hardcoded in the script as the page the link goes to.  

leannabright wrote:

can you saY "REDZONE" all over again?

using moap like this also gets an avatsr's ip address as well as key....................................

Every web content you see reveals your IP - of course - but not your UUID. The scripted object can get your UUID - of course - if you click it.

I have MOAP always off in my viewer. I can only see it if I click it. Usually I have no reason to click some unknown MOAP prims or links.

By my opinion MOAP makes only sense in a closed group where I know what I click. In all other cases most avatars will not see it. 

Of possible historical interest, the Redzone sleaze was based on PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_AGENT to associate IP address with agent UUID, with no need for clicking, and based on Parcel Media (duh) instead of MOAP. All that stuff still works just fine, of course, except that most folks have all media turned off most of the time now -- with the side-effect of pretty much relegating MOAP to the dust heap. Kind of a shame, too, now that the impending shift from Webkit to CEF vastly improves its reliability for modern web content (as opposed to Flash).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.