I am having issues saving outfits in SL.

ecko98910

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was not Shure in which section of the forums to place this question in. But I've been having issues with my viewer were I save an outfit and even thow it does create a new outfit it does not save the items to the saved outfit. When I click on the saved outfit it would tell me no items have been saved here. I have had this problem in both the official SL viewer and firestorm viewer. Please help me find out how to fix it. The reason I ask is cuss I am a Lycan so I would like to switch between my Lycan form and human form as fast as I can.

There is an Answers forum where questions can be posted.

Do you name the outfit you save?  When you  name the outfit, do you see it in the Outfit folder (with it's component parts)?  When you click on the saved outfit, do you pick 'replace' or something else?

Outfits are working in the Firestorm viewer.

Since the AIS3 changes, the viewer does some extra checks when you save an outfit. If something you are trying to save in the outfit is "bad" in some way and it fails the new checks, the outfit will fail to save & you'll get an empty outfit folder.

When you are wearing items that fail to save as a new outfit, open inventory & expand the Current Outffit folder (COF). The COF will list everything you are wearing.

Look for anything suspicious in the COF and remove it and then try to save the outfit again.

Problem items would include - something listed in COF that is not actually worn. Unworn items in COF will not be bolded.

Check for attachments showing as attached to an invalid attachment point or attached to the Bridge attachment point (if you are on Frestorm) and take those off and attach to a different attachment point.

Check for any broken links in COF & remove them.

If you cannot find what's causing the problem, this should fix it (though the fix may be temporary):

• LL viewer - Activate the Develop menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+Q. Develop -> Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test Male (or female).  Then try to save this as an outfit (this should work).  Then put everything back on you want to save as an outfit and try again.
  • Firestorm Viewer - Go to Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Reset default male (or female) avatar. Then do the same as above.

Hey!

I've had the same exact problem since one of recent FS updates.  Ive tried a bunch of things including changing the viewers and clean installs, but it is clearly server-sided. 

The thing that helped me was resetting avatar to default one, then putting outfit I want and saving it again. After a while it glitches for me again, but it works as temporary fix.

It's a reason why I don't change that much ;p 

Next time an outfit fails to save, do you see any unworn items (unbolded)  or broken links or attachments worn on an invalid attachment point in your inventory current outfit folder? 

When an outfit fails to save, can you take a screenshot showing all the items in the Current Outfit inventory folder & make the inventory window wide enough to show all the attachment point text & post the screenshot here?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.