problems with buying lindens

okikurumi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

for some unknown reason I can't buy lindens with my credit card.

SL permanently shows the following:

There was a problem charging your payment method.

I completely misunderstand what is that and how it can be solved. I have successfully bought L$ by this card previously.

10 answers to this question

I got the same problem. as far as I don't get tips last time so I will lose my stream and my sky box if LL doesn't fix that. I dunno where to get L$ except of DJing (but unfortunately I get no tips recently) and credit card. so LL finally has destroyed the only way to get inworld currency.

I have had the same problem in the past, for multiple reasons. If it is a prepaid card it may have been flagged and no longer usable to purchase lindens. Too many failed transactions by a legitimate card may also lead to it being flagged and declined, but that is rare. For some reason I also had my first card's payment info replace my new card once, so I was forced to enter in all of my information again. Other than those issues I'm unsure of what causes a transaction failure, though it could just be a server problem and you might need to try again later.

Well, I tried again and again but still no result. Then I decided to delete current card and add a new one, but I can't even add it since the system always gives me the following message:

TTP Status 404 - /hpp/noaccess.html

type Status report

message /hpp/noaccess.html

description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.62

It looks like LL is going to destroy the only normal way to get lindens.

I had this occur last month and am still somewhat unclear what may have triggered it other than possible billing cycle tied in with Purchasing Trading Limits.

Goto https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php for more information. I could be a matter of when you are normally billed VS your purchasing limit level.

same problem 

Jan. 25, 2016, 3:46 p.m. Juno Linden

Hello, Elite6:

Thank you for contacting us with your concern.

We have reviewed your account and have found that due to certain risk factors beyond our control we will no longer be able to accept payments from this account or any associated SL accounts. Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose or discuss the exact reason for this occurrence, and this is not something for which we have a manual override. As such, we are unable to make any exceptions.

We don’t have any information or control over billing matters outside of our environment- so this will not affect you in any way other than the ability to transact in SecondLife.

Your account will still remain active and you are free to continue and enjoy your SecondLife.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Jan. 26, 2016, 12:04 p.m. Juno Linden

Hello, Elite6:

Thank you for contacting us with your concern.

Unfortunately, we will no longer be able to accept payments, from either skrill or credit card payment methods, from this account or any associated SL accounts. You will not have the ability to purchase a premium membership.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Juno Linden
Linden Lab Billing

Hello,

for some unknown reason I can't buy lindens with my credit card.

SL permanently shows the following:

There was a problem charging your payment method.

I completely misunderstand what is that and how it can be solved. I have successfully bought L$ by this card previously.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.