Mesh body..shopping?! Lolas Tangos...

Sofiee Aiten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone! I'll make this as short as possible. I took a year and a half break from SL and when I took a break I had Lolas and the phat azz. Well, it seems that the mesh body is taking over!

Has the boobie show closed? What happened with Luck Inc and The Whore Mansion? 

Gosh! Where is everyone shopping now for this mesh body? If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great or help me out inworld. My name is Sofiee Aiten

Thank you! 

You'd probably get better results in the Avatar subforum, but you're not too far off. :smileywink:

Go this way ---> http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

Mesh Body Addicts is a truly amazing blog for anyone looking into buying a mesh body, or really a number of other purposes. You'll find her review of most of the major body brands there, pros and cons, even reviews of the HUDS. 

When shopping for a mesh body, there are a few things to look for. Shape of the body overall is important, of course. Although mesh bodies will respond to standard shape sliders (so you can have wide or narrow hips, a big or small bottom, large or small breasts, and any other combination you can have with a standard avatar), each body has its own unique shape. Some have teardrop breasts, others more round, for just one example. Compare and contrast bodies by trying demos. 

HUD is also important. Alpha cuts - parts you can hide to help clothes fit - are super important! Too big, and they won't do much of anything for many outfits. You want lots of smaller cuts, not just a few big ones. Ease of use is important here, as well. TMP - The Mesh Project - is very lovely to look at, but not easy to use, so experiment. 

If you like bigger breasts, make sure you play with that slider while wearing the body to see if the breasts deform at larger sizes. Some do - this is a big complaint of Slink body users, but you may feel differently. 

My personal choice is Maitreya. Really, though, shop around for what works for you!

You can still use individual body parts. There's nothing really wrong with them, per se, but I do find mesh bodies more versatile, and I don't feel "chopped up" into bits and pieces, with thirteen different appliers hanging around for a single outfit!

There is no doubt that mesh bodies are the way to go. I never had any of those girlie "enhancements" as I have a very boyish figure (some would refute that but that's my take on it). I tried them all as they came out and didn't buy until Maitreya.

I suggest that the HUD and USABILITY is a big factor so be sure and play around with that maybe with some demo garments. MOST will work with mesh bodies but some depending on the alpha cuts will not. The price we pay for gorgeousness.

Try them all. See which feels most like you.  I have a mesh head too, but that isn't so much a "necessity" as the body these days -- well not quite a necessity as Slink shoes are still very popular but Maitreya I have noticed is making great inroads in the shoe department. All good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.