An avatar, name mka 5682, could not ban because doesn't exist?

Jessie Darwin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

An avatar, name mka 5682, bumped me and flew off.  It talked in voice.  When I tried to ban this avatar, my result said no one with this name exists.  So I banned an object.  I kept clicking searches, and a profile appeared indicating a starting date of October 1, 2015.  Just giving you a heads-up.

1 answer to this question

First of all, giving us a heads up doesn't do much good.  We're just residents like you, and Linden Lab doesn't read this forum.

Second, you probably used the wrong name.  Usernames are one word, so "mka 5682" isn't a valid username.  mka5682 might be.  However, it's barely possible they were using an exploit to mask their username.

Third, if you got the name right, a "doesn't exist" message might mean they have already been banned, or have deleted their account themselves.

"Bumping and flying off" is a pretty mild offense, if you ask me.  Setting off a nuke in your sim, rezzing a thousand shouting, bouncing cubes, or having cybersex in your bed and not leaving when you show up...now those are worth banning for.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.