Sale item on a not for sale object

CharlotteStargazer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

CharlotteStargazer wrote:

I'd like to know if there is a way to put an item for sale on an object that's not for sale. To be more specific, I'd like to put my photos, which are for sale, on easels, which are not for sale (as they are not my creation). Is there a way to do this?

Yes... or maybe not. Any full perm item you have can be used as a vendor. You just drag whatever you want to sell into its inventory and set it up to sell the content. I'll be happy to post detailed isntructions how to do it here but I don't think it should be necessary, it's dead easy really.

But, the object you use as vendor has to be full perm or you won't be able to use it. I suppose your easels aren't.

One way to work around that is to rez a prim, flatten it, make it 100% transparent and place it right on top of the picture on the easel. That way people will click on that prim when they try to click the picture and you can set it up as a vendor.

Another option is to use a scripted vendor system. That makes everything a bit more complicated but the advantage of a good, professional vendor system is that you get better accounting a redelivery system and several other extra features. I know that with CaspeVend you can use any modifiable item as a vendor (jsut transfer the vendor script to it) and I'd be surprised if others don't allow for that too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.