My viewer .EXE was deleted twice recently and had to reinstall. Blame my Anti-virus?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

Over the years I've had zero problems with the SL viewer. Twice in the last couple weeks, I click the icon to launch the viewer and the shortcut is invalid! Should I assume my antivirus software (Norton 360) is quarantining/deleting the EXE? A re-install fixes it (the rest of the SL installation is still present just the EXE is missing so far as I can tell).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

LZ

Norton is bloat ware. first and foremost. never install it nor mcafee or avg.  you'll want mse or avast if you want to never had issues and want to stay protected.   trust a 20 year IT professional here on this,  If you need help removing norton, drop me an pm. 

second norton is HIGHLY notorious for blacklisting the exe for second life.   yeah that's all I'll say as norton is **bleep**ty piece of software nobody should use. people are duped daily into buying their protect.  when mse avast are free and far far superious

Thanks for the helpful, if somewhat harsh advice. 28 year IT veteran here.

I will check the log and/or RTFM. 

I have used AVAST before and decided to go with Norton this time. First time in 3+ years I've had trouble on this PC with this antivirus (if that's the cause).

<3 LZ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.