My avi will not walk on a floor I built.

WillowRylee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm working on building my own little town - Magnolia Lane at Newman.  But i purchased some buildings.  From the outside they look like 3 levels. However, to my disappointment they only have 2 floors.  The second floor just has really high ceilings.  So I created a third floor with an elevator going to it.  However, my avi does NOT want to walk on this floor I created. She either gets stuck or kicked out of the building.  Why is this? 

1 answer to this question

The upper part of the building may be made with a hollowed prim.  If the building is set (Edit window, Features tab) to physics type "convex hull" the collision envelope of the hollowed prim ignores the hollow, and acts as if the prim was not hollow.  Using convex hull can often decrease the land impact of an object, as much as 50%...but it can also make part or all of a building inaccessible.  Try selecting the upper part of the building, and if it is set to convex hull, try setting it to "prim" instead.

Another possibility is that the building is made from, or contains, a sculpted prim.  Sculpties can appear to be almost any form, but this is an illusion generated locally, in your graphics card.  In physical terms, the sculpted prim retains its original shape, usually a sphere.  Most sculpties are therefore made Phantom, and if it is necessary to walk on them, an invisible prim is added to the build to provide a surface that you can interact with.  The invisible prim cannot be linked to the part of the build containing the sculpty, because a linkset can't contain both phantom and non-phantom prims.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.