I don't have permission to view my snapshots? Why?

CharlieLocust

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for your answers. So I took snapshots to upload as profile pics, etc. Once it's processed & says it's available to view I click the notification window but a red warning bar says "You don't have permission to view this snapshot" 

So my question is how to I correct this? Please help! They all just seem to be disappearing into thin air. I can't even find them on my profile feed or my PC or anywhere unless I cough up l$10 to save them to my inventory.

Regards,

Charlotte

2 answers to this question

You can either.......

1.  .... load the photo onto your profile directly from your hard drive to https://my.secondlife.com/settings/profile by clicking on Profile Picture and using the Browse button   OR

2. .... pay the L$10 to upload your photo to SL and then drop it from your inventory onto the profile pic window in your profile.  (BTW, L$10 is about 4 cents US, so it's not much to "cough up".)

EDIT:  I'm assuming that when you said the photo is "processed", you meant that you originally saved it to your hard drive and then used Photoshop or GIMP to edit it.  If you didn't use the "Save to Disk" option when you took the photo, of course, it won't be on your hard drive.

• Like 2

Hi Charlotte,

I'm going to come at this from a different direction than Rolig and guess that you've run into yet another instance of the dreaded "SL Feed ate my photos" problem. I haven't heard of this for quite some time, so maybe it's something else. In general, I do not advise sending important snapshots directly to your feed, although that's the only way to put snapshots there. The feed has never been very reliable.

You might be able to find your snapshots here...

https://my.secondlife.com/CharlieLocust/snapshots

If you have snapshots that get stuck in "processing", delete them via the "X" in the upper right of the post. They're probably never going to get processed.

Saving snapshots to inventory costs money, reduces resolution, and wrecks the aspect ratio of the original image. That's because SL texture dimensions must always be a power of two and top out at 1024x1024. In the future, save any important snapshots directly to your PC. That costs nothing and is done at higher resolution than saving them to inventory.

If you wish to share your SL images with others, do so via Flickr. It's free and it works. (Proving that "you get what you pay for" is free and worthless advice ;-).

You can upload profile pics from your PC via your web browser, and that costs nothing. For those times when you must bring an image back into SL, you'll have to pay the fee. 

I've probably guessed wrong. Disproving that "you get what you pay for" is free and worthless advice.

Oh, I do enjoy a little self-contradiction.

;-).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.