Oculus Rift setup

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, all - I am trying to hook up my Oculus Rift.  I found the viewer 3.7.18.295296  but when I load it, I get an error message:

Incompatible VR Runtime Version.  "SecondLifeProjectOculusRift.exe" has been linked with an older unsupported version of the Oculus Runtime and is no longer supported.  The applicataion may appear to be in VR mode but will not be able output to the Rift.  Please contact the developer for an updated version of this application.

What can I do?  I am not the most tech saavy.

Oops - just saw I need pre 0.6.0 SDK - Will that fix it??  I'm going to try.

Julia.

1 answer to this question

There are two things you can do... First file a JIRA BUG Report. LINK - That will get the infor to the people that fix these things. Include all the information you know and a step by step on how to create the error.

Since the fix will take time, go over to CtrlAltStudio and get that Oculus supporting viewer and try it.

There are people using Oculus with SL. Finding them is a bit trick. The 1920's Berlin project in SL is a popular VR location in SL as it is built to correct scale. The owner of the region, Jo Yardley, has a DK1 or 2, I forget. She is not 'highly' technical, but she got it working and can likely point you to others that can help.

---

The top SL Linden, Oz, has been promising a new version of the Oculus Viewer for some time. It is on their list to update. That it is ow broken, might push the prioity up a notch or two.

Good luck.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.