Share my Linden House permissions-I'm premium member-with my partner?

RigilKentaurus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a Linden House, I am a premium member.  Can I share my house permissions with my partner, specifically

1.  Letting my partner enter without me...locking/unlocking the door - we have had unwelcome visitors because I have to leave the door unlocked

2. Rezzing items my partner has bought

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi Rigil,

Yep, you can share your home. To do that, you'll have to create a group, set the parcel to that group, create a role within the group that has the abilities you wish to give your partner, invite your partner to the group and assign them that role.

To make sure you maintain control over the group (which must have at least two members to avoid auto-deletion), I recommend adding an alt account (make one if you don't have one, they're handy for just this reason) to the group and retaining ownership for yourself.

Here are some things to read...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Group

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-K…

Good luck!

• Like 3

Maddy has all the correct advice.  As a sort of aside, though, you ought to know that locks on doors make absolutely no difference in SL.  They are purely cosmetic.  Anyone can always either teleport in or simply sit on a chair (or something else) on the other side of a locked door.  If you want to keep visitors out of your home, buy a security orb.  There are many of them in Marketplace, and they are all superior to the ugly ban lines that some people use.  Frankly, though, if someone intrudes while you are home, just ask them to leave.  Most people will.  If they don't, eject them.  And if someone visits while you are not home, who cares?

• Like 2

I put up a banned line. I only allow people in my group and on Allow Residents list to come into my Linden home. I also fixed it where no one can see us or talk to us if they aren't in my home or standing within my parcel boundaries.  They are forced to IM if they want to communicate with us.

I had a few pervs trying to spy in on me while I was getting dress or just relaxing. But they couldn't see anything. I refused to let them in after IMing me to admit what they were doing. *lol*

Go to About Land then to the Access tab. Unchecked "Allow Public Access." Check "Allow Group Access" then select your group for your home. You can also add people to a list to allow them access without being in the group. The ban list is mainly used when you have "Allow Public Access" checked.

Go to the Options tab. Unchecked "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel" to keep people from camming and perving you when you're with your partner or other people. Also, under Options, you can set permission for people when they are in your home.

Hope that helped.  Enjoy your Linden home in peace

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.