Sign in to follow this  
Lvddawter

Title not changing after changing a group member's role

Question

I can think of two possible explanations.

When somebody is assigned to multiple roles in a group, they get a menu where they can choose which title to display. It's possible they will ahve to change the title manually in that menu for it to change.

The other possible solution is simply delay in the system. I've noticed occasionally that it can take a while for group titles to change. If that's the case, just give it a bit of time and maybe try to relog to see if that helps.

----

Edit. The title menu is under the General tab in the group profile window. Exactly where depends on the viewer but it should be easy to find. Remember to click on the Save button afterwards. Just closing the window will cancel any changes you have made.

3 answers to this question

I can think of two possible explanations.

When somebody is assigned to multiple roles in a group, they get a menu where they can choose which title to display. It's possible they will ahve to change the title manually in that menu for it to change.

The other possible solution is simply delay in the system. I've noticed occasionally that it can take a while for group titles to change. If that's the case, just give it a bit of time and maybe try to relog to see if that helps.

----

Edit. The title menu is under the General tab in the group profile window. Exactly where depends on the viewer but it should be easy to find. Remember to click on the Save button afterwards. Just closing the window will cancel any changes you have made.

the problem in  a group profile  ( that I have)  is only in one particular group..  the function of selecting a member name to  either add a new role title or  change it     does not work properly . The names and titles do not appear  in the group roster on the  general tab.   Also, I have found no clear step-by-step instructions as to how  exactly  to do this procedure...  it evidently is necessary to exactly do the steps  in a specific order  when  adding or changing new roles and new role titles.  Does anyone know where I may find the insructions    step-by-step???