Where to meet SL folks?

Penelope Rolendis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been on SL since Halloween last year and only have 2 friends, one if i'm going to be honest. I have tried to go place to meet people to hang out but I have no idea where would the best places be. Could some of you tell me where I could go to meet people? I know clubs are good places but I don't go around IMing people thinking I am bothering them or something.

Penelope Rolendis wrote:

I have been on SL since Halloween last year and only have 2 friends, one if i'm going to be honest. I have tried to go place to meet people to hang out but I have no idea where would the best places be. Could some of you tell me where I could go to meet people? I know clubs are good places but I don't go around IMing people thinking I am bothering them or something.

Hi Penelope!   What are your interests?  Meeting people in SL is the same as meeting people in RL, the places to go depends on what type of activities you like.   So you like science, art, music, politics, technology, building & creating, fashion, shopping, exploring or history?   Each of those areas has places in SL where people that are interested in those things will go.  

So, I recommend using the Destination guide and inworld search to find places that are most likely to have people that are interested in the things you like.  That way you will have a common ground and something to talk about.

Send me an IM inworld with a short list of your interests and I will send you landmarks and information for places to visit inworld. 

(Also, I never go to clubs, so for me, those are not good places to meet people.  :  ) : )

Hello Penelope

I think I understand. I am inworld since a year and I am still searching.

I am not interested in close frienships, I mean, I am looking for an hangout where to pass some time, and rest talking with people maybe listening some music.

The problem for me is not to find someone with my same interests, it is to find people that

- cover intimate parts of their body

- don't fill the chat with gestures

- don't talk RL all the time

- avoid (supposed to be very cool) childish slang

- don't bother requesting to bite me

Someone told that it's me.

Not being enough friendly. I don't know

Did you try

The Leonard Cohen Club?

Now I am going to see

Forum Cartel Hangout - The new home

Don't give up

• 2 weeks later...

Irene got it earlier in this thread.  SL is essentially social media.  Wandering from place to place looking for people doesn't  give you a good hit rate.  However if you like music and hand out at music events, you'll surely meet people who share your interest, or if you like discussing ideas and learning about things, there are great events daily for that interest.

Another good place to meet people would be HPI (Help People island) yeah its a  place where new residents go for help but  the people there are very awesome.. other than that i been in world for almost two years and from my experiences roleplaying can develop friendships... try it ... it couldn't hurt or change your apperence like go furry or neko... try  to branch out. well have fun in sl and take care

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.