Second Life 3.8.5 (305528) Sep 30 2015 07:39:20 (Second Life Release)

Ardy Lay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seem to be having some difficulties with this release.  Sometimes I will see an avatar impostored due to extremely high memory usage.  When I select Always Render Fully their memory usage plummets to well below the default limit of 10MB.

RenderAutoMuteByteLimit = 10000000

Then I can select Render Normally and they remain rendered with the much lower memory usage, until I move close to them.  Then it goes way up again.  Hair.  It's usually the hair, but I have seem some skirts cause this too.

This is making me wonder if 10MB per avatar is too low.  I just don't know.

I don't seem to be having issues with the Surface Area limit but the default Complexity limit of 80,000 does block almost all of the avatars that I usually find around me.  I have to change this or I might as well be on a text only client.

I find myself increasing Avatar Maximum Complexity to 3000000.

Would others care to share their thoughts on this new viewer?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Avatar_Rendering_Complexity

Ardy Lay wrote:

I seem to be having some difficulties with this release.  Sometimes I will see an avatar impostored due to extremely high memory usage.  When I select Always Render Fully their memory usage plummets to well below the default limit of 10MB.

Yep, I have the same problem.

This is what causes avatars to remain stuck as jelly babies even when maximum complexity is set to no limit.

You have to disable imposters to never see a jelly baby.

I filed this at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-9962

It took me a while to work out it was only avatars with a high total attachment byte size that triggered the stuck jelly babies so the actual repro steps are in one of the later comments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.