How do I use a trailer-house then?

hallebarde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

And how do I use a trailer house?

I suppose either I buy or rent a piece of land and install it there.  But what is the meaning of installing a trailer-house instead of a house then?

I suppose also that if I attach the trailer house in the back of a car and start travelling, wherever I stop, they both will be returned to my inventory in the time forseen from this land's rules?

Are there any campings for trailer-houses to park them for a while?

(ALL my problems with dressing and clothes, have being resolved through Bright Canopy accessed from a vpn! This is about previous questoins of mine in this forum).

Tks again, I cannot express my enjoyment in SL...

P.S. All my boat and trailer home questions are related to the fact that I cannot accept as an irreversible rule that if I want a place to call my home in SL I must first buy it and then pay a monthly rent for it.  Paying a rent (tiers) for one's property is too much for my perception ability.  Besides, I believe that lots of people dreamt about a life in a motorhome and if one could materialize it in second life this would be wonderful.

Perhaps camping rentals are very cheap in fact and perhaps I can find a motorhome to buy in SL.  I already found trailers and cars but still cannot figure out how to connect them.

Or perhaps I might eventually make the smallest consession the one to be a premium member and take a piece of land so that not to pay tiers, just my montly account renewal.

I'm not sure yet.

P.S. 2 I bought a 30 prims motorhome (drivable) and found a sim where I can rez it forever with an one time payment of 750 lindens.  Here's a solution to the land problem I said I cannot accept as not solvable.  Nevertheless I am not satisfied with this motorhome I need one of 140 prims and then I am not sure where I will be able to rez it.  I read about rentals of 140 linden a week.  I must do the maths for how much does it cost to rent a motorhome parking place and how much does it cost to renew each three months a premium account, accept only the land and not the house and rez inside a house of your taste, compare and decide. But the motorhome has incorporated the freedom factor.  Later, later, SL has lots of study and lots of errants to do. This is a job, not a game.

4 answers to this question

there is indeed no real difference between a house and a trailer /mobile home

You also can't hook it to a car. The item itself must be drivable or it's not possible.

I'm pretty sure there are trailerparks, but will not be much different than any other rental...perhaps the length of rental period is more flexible. Placing it anywhere else will lead to returning to your inventory

• Like 1

If you want to leave any object in SL in a place where you expect to find it the next time you log in, you had better either own the land or be on very good terms with whoever does.  Therefore, if you want to consider your "house" a mobile home that you can drag around SL, you'll need to buy or rent land in each new place.  Rent a new parcel each month on a different region, pull the house out of your inventory, and rez it.  Forget about what a "mobile home" in RL looks like, though.  There's no reason why yours in SL has to look like it could be pulled around by a semi.  It's just a house -- a pup tent, a bungalo, a cabin, a castle, a MacMansion.  

• Like 2

Syo's right!  Here are the rules:

• You have to buy or rent some land to put any objects on (except for sandboxes and such, which allow you to have objects there temporarily.)
  • Once you have some land, you can put anything you want on it.  A house, a yacht, a trailer, a hot air balloon, a mountain with a castle on it, a cardboard box with empty wine bottles scattered around...subject to any restrictions imposed by your landlord.
  • You can drive any sort of vehicle anywhere (subject to some restrictions, see below.)  But you cannot LEAVE a vehicle out on land you don't own, or it will get returned to you.

Some restrictions on where you can drive vehicles:  Land that does not have sufficient spare capacity to support your vehicle; land with ban lines around it; land with a security system on it; land where the owner prohibits vehicles driving around.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.