FNAF SIM: I was banned from this Public Sim WITHOUT explanation or given a reason

DigiPink

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello.

My friends and I have been banned from a Sim of which we have not been to in months, some of us not at all.

We believe and after numerous attempts to contact the admins and even owners of the Sim that this is an act of discrimination due to Second Life family last name which is at the end of our display names.

Due to to the facts I have presented and the apparent lack of consideration to LL Terms of Service regarding the Discrimination Acts.

I believe that this Sim should NOT be running and be shut down.

This Sim is the Five Night's At Freddy's Sim.

Five Night's at Freddy's is also a copyrighted game by Scott Cawthon Games.

The few times I was at this Sim I saw many Items for sale that were either created by others that had stated that their mesh models were not to be used or sold as profit in any other games along with mods for copyrighted fictional characters there as well, which also against Terms of Service.

There are MANY violations here that as a Resident of Second Life concerns me that they are being overlooked by Linden Labs employees.

Please help me with this situation and if others have experienced this from this Sim as well please comment below.

1 answer to this question

Two basic observations .... Well, no... three, actually..

First, we are all SL residents, like you.  Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answers area, and none of us have any authority to do anything about this situation.

Second, neither do you.  If there are indeed items being used in violation of intellectual property rights, the only person who has any legal standing to complain is their creator.  That's a federal law, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA).    Under that law, Linden Lab, as the service provider, is required to remove objects that are allegedly in violation, but only if the creator has filed a proper complaint.  Nobody else can file in place of the creator.

Third, a landowner always has the right to eject or ban anyone from his/her land, no questions asked and no explanation required.  See the TOS, section 4.8: "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you."  It doesn't make any difference what else the landowner may have done.  He has every right to force you to leave, and you have no recourse.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.