Issues with copying items?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried with both SL viewer andFS viewer and it's the same thing. When I try to copy a copyable item to another folder other than the one the original is in, it makes a link instead of an object. It seems to have just started this, Any ideas? :(

TallLisa wrote:

I have tried with both SL viewer andFS viewer and it's the same thing. When I try to copy a copyable item to another folder other than the one the original is in, it makes a link instead of an object. It seems to have just started this, Any ideas?
:(

Going to start with the obvious.

Are you certain you are choosing "paste" and NOT "paste as link?"

Right, yeah you can't do this so easily now.  There were changes made in the viewers (AIS3/SSA polishing fixes) which stopped you being able to add anything to the main outfits folder that wasnt a link & blocked being able to create subfolders within outfit folders & the whole thing ended up being a bit of a mess.

Some of those behaviour changes have been reverted but it still isn't all fixed.

On the latest LL viewer I can't actually find a way around it but on Firestorm, what you now have to do is create a new folder outside of the Outfits folder, put your non-link items in that and then drag or cut/copy/paste this folder into the main Outfits folder. Attempting to do it any other way will give you links.

If you use the Appearance panel to change Outfits rather then doing it directly from the inventory folders, I'd advise against this though. If the main Outfits folder contains anything apart from viewer created Outfit folders containing links, the Appearance panel will act in unexpected ways - not recognising when there are changes to an outfit, not letting you save the outfit, getting stuck when making changes etc.

If you want to structure your Outfit folders in more complicated ways the best thing to do is use the Clothing folder or another folder to do this and just disregard the main Outfits folder & appearance panel altogether. It just doesn't work well anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.