My mesh object has missing faces! D=

Luscya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I built a mesh object in Blender.  I exported to Collada and got my .dae file.  When trying to upload, though, the object preview has missing faces.

I thought maybe it was just a glitch in the render so I uploaded anyway but it shows with the same missing faces when rezzed.  Is there any way to show/fix the faces or to make sure that all faces are there if I re-upload?

1 answer to this question

If I had to guess (and I do have to guess, since I can't see your model), I would guess that some of the faces in your Blender model have flipped normals.  It's a good idea to always work with Backface Culling switched on so that you can tell whether you are looking at the front (visible) side of each face or the back (transparent) side.  You can also make face normals show if you're really unsure.  Then, if you find individual faces that are pointing the wrong way, select them and flip normals.

BTW, rather than upload a model just to see what it looks like in a trial version, do your work on the Aditi grid.  Uploads are free there.  You can't bring anything back to the main grid (Agni), but you can do a lot of testing there until you are comfortable enough to pay for a final upload.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.