Upload Problems

Orabelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been trying to upload a mesh avatar to wear, but whenever I try to upload the model, it's all messed up. I assumed I did something wrong in the creation process, but I tried using the default SL female skeleton, but that glitches out as well, and I never touched that file. If I upload it and wear it, it's even more of a mess. Any reason why this might be happening? Pic included.

While you could indeed have done something wrong, this has been the WORST week in recent SL history. Missing sims, scripts not working, MAITREYA bodies falling apart and relogs necessary. Not just me, tons of folks and many sim rollbacks.

So if you really think you may have done something wrong, then it would be good to work on it. If you feel that you did things as you should, you might simply want to wait until next week when MANY of us hope things will be better.

I just ADDED a bracelet and my hand came off. Had to teleport to another sim in order to get a hud to work etc. etc. The stories in group chat are extensive :D.

Just sayin' 

Haha, oh wow. Sounds like a bad time to be returning to SL.

While it does seem a bit strange, this is my first attempt at using a rigged mesh avatar, so there could definitely be problems on my end. It's just hard to fix a problem when you don't know what it is. Lol. The model in Blender moves exactly as it should, so I'm not really sure.

I just tried using the premade mesh avatars in the game library and they all got stretched like crazy. Relogging seemed to fix that issue. I can see what you were saying. :catlol:

• Either your armature's rest pose is not the T-Pose.
  • Or your armature is not rotated according to what the SL Importer needs (avatar facing to positive X)
  • Or your armature is rotated correctly but you did not apply rotation. things like that ...

Some mesh developer kits are made for Maya and the creators have just exported the Maya rig as collada file. You need to adjust the Rig to blender.

You could use the linden lab fitted mesh template blend file as guideline for how things have to be setup.

I've made sure to do all of those things, so I don't think that's the issue here. Resting in the T-pose, facing the positive X axis, and scale and rotation applied, centered at 0, 0 ,0. For both the armature and model.

Do I need to add collison bones? I read that those weren't needed, just the mBones, so I avoided the extra work.

I had done that as well, but thanks. ;3

After re-rigging it multiple times from scratch, for what felt like ages, I seem to have fixed the issue somehow. It must have been something weird with the weighting or something. I didn't change much, so I still find it strange that it was acting so glitchy. Thanks for your responses. :heart:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.