"Linden Lab 2.00_V" appears on my bank account online, whats this all about?

darkgryffon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

"Linden Lab 2.00_V" appears on my bank account online, whats this all about? i ask this namely due to the fact this thing put me into overdraft even though i havnt been on since, i think march of 2014, and i know i didnt make any purchases in 2015 so can anyone tell me what this is all about so i can maybe refute this claim?

Edit: sorry, but to further explain the withdrawl was  on 2.00$, and im not a premium member, oh and the only thing ive bought on here is a costume or whatever you wish to call it to customize your character ^^"

2 answers to this question

If you are a Premium member and have never told Linden Lab that you don't want to renew, your account will renew automatically when it reaches the end of the current billing period  (see TOS, sect. 4.3).  If you own or rent land, you will continue to be billed for land fees unless you sell or abandon the land.  There are plenty of other financial obligations, mostly smaller -- things like group liabilities or classified ad fees.  You can only check the past 32 days of transactions in your Transaction History at secondlife.com >>> Account, but you can look at monthly account statements as far back as you like to see the total amount you have paid to Linden Lab over time.

• Like 1

Charges that come from Linden Lab will be from "Linden Research, Inc."  I would dispute the claim.  Before you do, though, call Billing at one of the numbers below to verify the charge was or was not from Linden Lab.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

If the charge was NOT from LL, your account may have been compromised.  Follow the instructions here:

Since the charge was to your RL bank account, you may also be the victim of identity theft.  That will require more extensive measures to deal with.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.