Why has money come out of my RL bank account that I have not approved and I have a free account!!!!

SaraDarkheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

First of all: Chill, calm down.

Second: Did you attach a new payment method to your account or brought L$ for the first time by any chance? If yes, thats LL way to make sure your payment info is valid. They charge you 1$ and if the transaction works, they cancel that 1$ and it gets returned to you. They have to do that, because many people try to use payment methods, that are not suportet (for example: all giftcards will fail this test).

If you still worry, call billing support.

First, look at the Transaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account to see where assets have moved into or our of your account in the past 32 days.  You can't look back any farther than that, but you can at least see the past month's activity.  I suspect you will find that you belong to a group and have been paying your share of its expenses.  That usually amounts to a few pennies a month.  If you don't want to pay your share, leave the group.

If you find that it really is Linden Lab taking your money, then it's either the reversible charge that Syo mentioned for verifying your account, or you paid for some service (listing property in Search, paying for a classified ad, Paying for a special listing in Marketplace, .... ) , or the Lab discovered that you received stolen money and they have returned it to its rightful owner.  If it's the last explanation, you may have received an e-mail regading it.  Check your spam filter.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.