Dilemma Need Assistance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I currently own a 1/4 sim. I have built a skybox 3,000 meters up & have nearly 3,000 prims in it. I also have some megaprims in it. I built a little city inside a box the same size as a 1/4 sim in diameter. I want to know if there is any way I can take all of it at the same time & store it for later use. I know there are rez boxes out there but never tried putting so many prims/megaprims in it. Is there a way? Can this actually be done? The thought of putting my creation piece by piece in my inventory is giving me a headache. Thanks.

Not sure what the dilemma is -- you can select everything and take it into inventory. If it is all copyable you can take a copy. However I think there is a limit of 1000 objects that can be rezzed, or used to be.

di·lem·ma

noun
a situation in which a difficult choice has to be made between two or more alternatives, especially equally undesirable ones.
"the people often face the dilemma of feeding themselves or their cattle"

Thanks for your response. I do know what dilemma means but if it makes you feel better to point that out, most glad to oblige.

My di-lem-ma is either take back everything individually into my inventory (problem) or create a rez box that can only hold a certain amount of items (problem). This is not a skybox that I just dropped items in it to look nice, I've actually built a little city in it & I would like to keep it intact for future use without having the hassle of dropping all 3,000 items one at a time. I've heard of highlighting the whole area, edit & take back but this is just what I've heard & since I do not have any concrete proof that this works, I will not chance it without support. This is exactly why I'm asking because if someone out there in Forum Land knows a trick, I'd be most happy to hear about it.

3000 items would probably not rez as a group. I think 1000 is the limit.

To use a rez box, you must put a script in each copyable item and save the position, then put a copy of each item in the rez box. 

To me it seems like a lot of work when you can easily box select everything (or some things) copyable and take a copy, unless you plan to be rezzing often, in which case it might be worth the effort.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.