Sign in to follow this  
Psistorm Ikura

2.5.x - having strange friendlist related problems

Ive been using the 2.x series from the get go, and have been more and more satisfied with its development. However, as much as i appreciate progress, the 2.5.x release series is flat out unusable for me.

Basically, I have one of two issues after installing 2.5.x:

- things will not rez. I see a lot of grey prims, and a lot of unrezed sculpts, but my bandwidth sits at idle levels, just like when everything is loaded in. A viewer restart generally fixes this, but in a new area, this problem repeats itself.

- The friendlist will either show everyone as (loading or as Unknown. This does not go away except in seemingly random conditions. I have tried reinstalling, a cache clear, custom port connection, and forwarding the appropriate ports in my router, according to the SL wiki. once i go back to 2.4.0, my friendlist comes back. upgrade to 2.5.2, and everyone is (loading) again, and I can not IM, teleport, send inventory, etc.

Id appreciate any and all hints in the direction, its rather strange and i couldnt find any reliable information beyond port forwarding, which im already doing.

Ive tried Kirsten before, and found the UI changes to be rather horrible. The standard LL viewers have been very good for me, as i said before. It´s just that 2.5.0 started giving me trouble, and i would like hints at how to fix these on my end. It doesnt seem to be the SL servers, since 2.4.0 has none of these issues.