Sign in to follow this  
Getacheechee Latzo

Terrible FPS in SL with GTX 970

Hey guys!

I am getting some terrible FPS in SL. I get close to people and my FPS will go down to 5 to 6 fps or lower. 

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K

GPU: Gigabyte 4GB GTX970 OC

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum

Can anyone help me with this issue?

By chance, are you on the Firestorm Viewer?

I don't know all the details, but have heard some complaints about running Firestorm on Win 10.  

Some users reported that other viewers worked fine, it seemed to be only Firestorm that was struggling with Windows 10.

I'm on a mac, so have no personal experience with this, so can't offer further suggestions.

Good luck!

Yes i am running the firestorm viewer. I have also tried Singularity and it seems to be just as bad. Maybe not QUITE as bad.

I am up for trying another viewer if that will fix the issue. But i havent had any luck yet.

that is pretty close to the same computer specs i have

I shoot alot of weddings, so i usualy see FPS from 8-18. and yes, sometimes when looking at certian avis, FPS will drop way down. in fairly empty sims without many alphas, I can see rates up to 60FPS. This is with everything on and shadow resolution set about 1.5

You have to override your Motherboard chip and than install your video card drivers either from the CD or from Nvida .. I had the same problem that my PC would use the Terrible motherboard video Chip