Sign in to follow this  

Unable to log into Viewer 2

I've had problems recently logging into Viewer 2. At first, it would take over a minute to even log me in, then another few minutes to load my avatar. I have about 17,500 items in my inventory, which I realize is a lot. Now, I can't even log into Viewer 2 at all, it will try to load my avatar, then as soon as I'm logged on, I crash. This happens every time now I try to log onto V2.

I switched to Phoenix, and I don't have any problems at all logging, it starts right up, and everything rezzes rather quickly.  I actually like to use BOTH viewers and switch back and forth between them, because I feel they each have good features...and they each have some not-so good features (Phoenix's chat is really annoying, because all the names are the bottom so it's easy to miss IMs).

I've tried deleting V2 off my machine and downloading and re-installing, and I"ve even ran a disk repair (I'm on an Intel Mac).

I'm not sure what else I can do, so any advice will be great appreciated :)

Try using a V2 TPV like Kirsten's Viewer and Dolphin 2 among others. The official LL V2 viewers are alway buggy and unstable. This has been true since the first V2 release. TPV developers seem to get it right while LL developers seem to just fail time and time again. 

i finally had to give up trying to log into Veiwer 2, so i tried backing up to version 1.23 or whatever the older versipon is and then Phoenix.  The trouble with those 2 viewers is they ask the wrong login question.  They ask for a first name, last name, and password.  My real first and last name doesn't work, 2nd Life doesn't recognize those names for some reason.  The right question they should ask for is username, how can I get the viewer to ask the right login question?

zingbust wrote:

i finally had to give up trying to log into Veiwer 2, so i tried backing up to version 1.23 or whatever the older versipon is and then Phoenix.  The trouble with those 2 viewers is they ask the wrong login question.  They ask for a first name, last name, and password.  My real first and last name doesn't work, 2nd Life doesn't recognize those names for some reason.  The right question they should ask for is username, how can I get the viewer to ask the right login question?

Your last name is Resident, so type in zingbust Resident and it will work