Items becomming fullperms after purchase on the marketplace

Lexbot Sinister

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today i received an alarming letter from one of my customers.

"Greetings

today I bought "XXXXX" on Market place...
I opened the box and worn the items.. and noticed the you can drop the prim items and they become full mod.
I doubt you ment it that way and it is why I IM you.
As proof I gave you the prim clothes folder.
Perhaps a good idea to check permissions.

Regards XXX"

The folder my customer sent me was very well full perms. She shouldn't be able to send it to me at all, since all my items are copy, mod but No trans.

Now you think that maybe i set the permissions wrong, but no. I rez each piece, set permissions, take it back into inventory and then doublecheck with an alt. I also tried to reproduce this, step by step with my alt and the customer exactly like she did it, but the items didn't become full perms to my alt.

Is this some kind of known bug? If my items are to become full perms when sold on the marketplace, then it's definitly meaningless to set anything up there.

All advice very appriciated!!

@Lexbot - Check the customer's profile to see their age. Anyone that knows about full perm being "bad" must be fairly well established. Just generally check them out to be sure. It is possible to use copybot-like techniques to set items as Full Perm like that, so it may just be a trick. (Although for what purpose ... I have no idea.)

Also double-check your transaction history and see when the item was purchased from you. Then check your chatlog history (or offline IMs) in hopes you can determine which Magic Box sent the item. You should probably pull the item out of that Magic Box and check it specifically too. If you're not sure which Magic Box sent it, the a safe procedure would be to check them all.

As I learned long ago in tech support:  Double-check .. then check again. 8^)

The customer isn't new, but that doesn't really mean anything. Copy-bot like techniques as far as i know only work for textures, no?

Quadruple checked permissions. Nope. it's all set like it should be. After testing and re-testing we haven't been able to reproduce the bug, however, the items that were sent to me by the customer, all full perms... Well, it's indisputable proof.

My customer tried to reproduce the bug too, by unpacking the box with the items but this time they came out with the correct permissions. My guess it was some sort of server-side glitch.

The question is, how do i remove any unauthorised fullperm objects now? Is that even possible?

Lexbot Sinister wrote:

The customer isn't new, but that doesn't really mean anything. Copy-bot like techniques as far as i know only work for textures, no?

Quadruple checked permissions. Nope. it's all set like it should be. After testing and re-testing we haven't been able to reproduce the bug, however, the items that were sent to me by the customer, all full perms... Well, it's indisputable proof.

My customer tried to reproduce the bug too, by unpacking the box with the items but this time they came out with the correct permissions. My guess it was some sort of server-side glitch.

The question is, how do i remove any unauthorised fullperm objects now? Is that even possible?

I'd say, time to file a ticket, call someone if you have any contacts inside .. and maybe IM someone like Soft to see if they can't find and remove those. I agree, it is wasn't copybotted then it's gotta be a glitch somewhere. And it's a glitch that could really kill your business there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.