At what time of day is land usage calculated?

Wandering Soulstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi All!

Need to know what specific time of day your monthly tier usage is calculated to bill. My situation is that my next bill date (teir date) is 27 September. As well there is a property up for Auction which closes at midnight on the 27th and I want to be certain that I am not going to be billed for this land (should I win the auction) until next bill date.

3 answers to this question

You are billed for the maximum amount of land you hold during the billing period. Theoretically, you will not be billed for the land as long as the auction isn't settled before midnight SLT, since you won't actually hold the land until the beginning of your next billing cycle. It's a good idea to ask Live Chat or billing support, though. 

Hmmmm... I think that's why the OP is puzzled. In response to the question,"How soon do I have to buy the land I won in the auction?", the Auction FAQ says, "The land will be assigned to you as soon as the auction closes and billing has run. This may include an increase in land tier." The question then is, when does billing run? If the sale goes through before the OP's own account is updated for his own billing cycle, he'll pay fees for the current cycle in addition to the next one. I don't see anything that says what time of day the auction sales are closed or when personal accounts are updated. They MIGHT both be at midnight, but I agree that the only way to find out is to ask the billing office.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.