Landing Points: can I still tp around my own parcel? can my group?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

Jaylin Wytchwood wrote:

You as owner will land where you want, others, even in group, get your designated landing Point.

What about officers of group owned land? Members of group owned land?

If you have several parcels within one sim that are group owned [and you are in the group wearing your tag] and they have landing spots assigned, you may still travel within the group owned parcels anywhere regardless of set landing point If you tp from another sim, you will arrive at the designated landing point within the parcel you are accessing regardless of group status. [this is my observation through experience]

<snip>

What varieties of Landing Point (etc) are there? 

As long as teleport routing is set to "anywhere", everyone can tp around your sim or parcel. New arrivals will still pop up at the landing spot though, unless they're following a landmark or tp offer to a different spot.

If you set teleport routing to "landing spot", visitors can no longer tp anywhere else on your land. If they try, they will only appear at the landing spot again. This is extremely annoying for those of us who use doubleclick teleport as their main means of locomotion.

I use to cam around in stores and doubleclick-tp right in front of a vendor once I found what I was looking for. If this throws me back to the landing spot, I will leave the store and take my business elsewhere. People who try to cripple me don't deserve my money.

Ishtara, thanks. I appreciate that explanation.

I agree about Landing points; many times I have tried to go to a club in a 1m prim sim, and just given up.

Very insulting to us to be forced plow through 10,000 prims of stuff we dont want, clogging up our caches, too. And "beacons" are a nasty joke as well. Yuck.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

<snip>

What varieties of Landing Point (etc) are there? 

As long as teleport routing is set to "anywhere", everyone can tp around your sim or parcel. New arrivals will still pop up at the landing spot though, unless they're following a landmark or tp offer to a different spot.

If you set teleport routing to "landing spot", visitors can no longer tp anywhere else on your land. If they try, they will only appear at the landing spot again. This is extremely annoying for those of us who use doubleclick teleport as their main means of locomotion.

I use to cam around in stores and doubleclick-tp right in front of a vendor once I found what I was looking for. If this throws me back to the landing spot, I will leave the store and take my business elsewhere. People who try to cripple me don't deserve my money.

Ishy, in Viewer 1.23.5 if you follow the GO link on things found at this location, I think it takes you right to the spot? I need to check this and links in Classified too.

ETA: Verfied this behavior. When you take a link from a Classified or from Search 1.23.5 GO you land where it is, not at a Landing Area Specified by the parcel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.