Crash on Initializing VFS - I have tried EVERYTHING. HELP!

Raien DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I've tried different viewers. I've tried completely uninstalling and doing a completely clean re-install of said viewers. I updated my graphics drivers with the latest ones found on the manufacturer's website. I've done a scan of my PC with Malwarebytes, Windows Defender - I have rebooted about a hundred times. I've tried the trick with going into the Local and AppData folders under C > Users > and deleting the data.db2.x etc files.

It worked maybe twice? I was able to get back in briefly on both the Firestorm and Kouka 3rd party viewers but after log out, I could no longer get back in.

Now, I still cannot load up Second Life no matter what I do as it crashes when it reaches "Initializing VFS". I've googled this over the past like, three days (how long it's been going on) and honestly, I'm at a loss. I've checked here in the forums, I've looked at numerous google search results and everything tells me the same thing, all of which I have already attempted as described above.

Usually I'm really good at doing my own troubleshooting but this time I'm totally stumped. HELP! Any articles or help topics I find are old (2014 is the most recent and there's barely any from '14). So Answers Forum - I am coming to you for help so -

HELP!

Edited for PC specs:

Running Windows 8.1 (x64)

Intel i5 3.5GHZ

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

8GB RAM

Uh, that's about it. If you need more just ask.

3 answers to this question

Yeah those are some of the first things that pop up when you google this problem sadly, and I've tried them over and over :x

One thing I forgot to note is - when I do that, it lets me boot up the viewer and log in. However, after I log out, if I try to get back on later or the next day without doing that first, the problem continues and I just crash at Initiallizng VFS over and over and over. So I'm stuck in an endless loop where I have to constantly delete those folders and files. So I'm now thoroughly confused. :c

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.