So...

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, a similar thing happened to me at McDonalds. I took my youngest daughter there for lunch on Sunday as it was just the two of us and it is a treat for her. She wanted a double cheese burger and small fries. $1.49 for the burger and $.99 for the fries. I was told by the mechanical voice that they had a special going on and that was a combo offer. I looked at the sign and lo and behold combo #14 was indeed a double cheese burger and small fries... for $2.50. I said no thanks and confused the hell out of them. Pulled up to the window and handed them my phone with the calculator open. Asked them to do the math and watched the mangers face drop. Later that day they changed the combo price.

I am scared for us...

What I still remember it is called Added expenses. Unless they buy a stock comparing wholesale, that thing before it comes in the stores, between factory, shipping, and ending in a stroe, let alone their "we made this, so we add money on to it" 

But it is usually wholesale prices that keep things in the industry low, whatever is high priced, came from somewhere, and along the way added up some selfish reasons in currency. 

However, I am no master in currency, only caluclatinbg their life's expectancy, worth, and th9ose "selfish currency" to make everything expensive. I cried when I found out some edibles were less than a penny at their original price. I cannot do groceries if I think about it, but at least the hunger makes me forget calculating it. That and having had an education that was adamant about calculating everything for school. A walking calculator, yes I was. 

DejaHo wrote:

When I go to a tailor and I don't know his name I refer to him as Mr. sew and sew. So?

so do that needle him when you do that? well it might not. but it might as well when you think about it. so you should ask him. well it cant hurt. asking him. not needlling him just asking. but he might get upset about you asking. so probably not a good idea. well it could be a good idea I suppose if you asked him nicely. well I leave it up to you to decide. but if was me then most likely I will ask him. so I can know if he is upset or not

irihapeti wrote:

DejaHo wrote:

When I go to a tailor and I don't know his name I refer to him as Mr. sew and sew. So?

so do that needle him when you do that
? well it might not. but it might as well when you think about it. so you should ask him. well it cant hurt. asking him. not needlling him just asking. but he might get upset about you asking. so probably not a good idea. well it could be a good idea I suppose if you asked him nicely. well I leave it up to you to decide. but if was me then most likely I will ask him. so I can know if he is upset or not

I was able to learn that he is Greek.  So I followed your advice and asked him: Eumenedes?  He said yes, 8 dollars.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.