PIC: The Next Generation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having read the  comments on pages 5 -6 only....  I stand  by  what I have said this "PICard label"  is a "ole boys club or social club" antic.   It appears the  core "members" of  this have already failed at  even following their 'Prime Directive'  manifesto. 

If  you are  going to preach the story then   you need to live it and stand  by it and  practice  it each  day... With  each person you  come into  contact  with on the  forums not with  just  each other or whom ever y'all are luring in  or  else you  appear rather ridiculous as I saw on page  5 and 6 of this thread.

My  suggestion is to  stop self promoting your  "club" and  just follow the rules LL  has  made clear  because the comments coming  from the  people preaching  this manifesto smack of  rudeness and once again intolerance to something different then they  think or  have set  forth as  how it is.  :smileywink:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

What I saw, and from the replies of others I was not alone, was an air of superiority expressed not through clear statements of fact and jovial banter, but with a tinge of entitlement and disrespect for the views of others. As much as this new PIC Prime Directive is about ensuring an equal and beneficial forum for all to participate, expressions of overt superiority run against that goal.

I do believe that no person or participant here should be above or below any other (with the obvious exception of the Mods of course), but in order to ensure that it is promoted properly and with the best hopes of success, the manner in which the promoters present themselves must be extra clean and extra clear in exemplifying that sentiment. Therefore I call on you again, as one of the visible leaders in this stated drive to provide balance and fairness to all, that you carefully re-examine your means of posting replies ... and perhaps listen to myself and others when we share what to us are valid concerns and observations.

Nods my head in agreement

What Darrius said and  wrote  better then I ever  can or  could write :smileyvery-happy: 

Angel Harmison wrote:

Nods my head in agreement

What Darrius said and  wrote  better then I ever  can or  could write :smileyvery-happy: 

Nah, I don't write better, I just add more flower. *smile* I have great appreciation for those that cut to the chase, and do so without drama. If I could award Kudos to your post Angel, I would.

aww you made me  blush...  but I  do like your  flowers  they are well put and so much more expressive then mine.  I  would  have  given you a  kudo myself  however we do not get to here...  You are a fantastic  writer and I totally respect what  you wrote here in this   thread.  :smileyhappy:

@Angel - *big blush'n'grin* (Why am I tempted to do the dishes and take out the garbage now? Years of training I guess. *smile*)

Now to divert just a little bit.

Despite the failings of others to properly display the base tenets of their Prime Directive, I have seen in this thread (and other similar ones elsewhere on these forums) the ability of those frequently cited as "trouble makers" to discuss evenly all points of view on the topics. I submit it is totally possible for all (or at least most) of us to do exactly that .. discuss openly and refrain from personal attacks or demeaning insults.

However, it STILL feels like the 'Rents are gonna pop in and bust us for something .. anything .. any second now. And because of that ever-present fear we are refusing to talk about the "Real Stuff" that interests and drives us. Ah well .. just my opinion.

Angel Harmison wrote:

After having read the  comments on pages 5 -6 only....  I stand  by  what I have said this "PICard label"  is a "ole boys club or social club" antic.   It appears the  core "members" of  this have already failed at  even following their 'Prime Directive'  manifesto. 

If  you are  going to preach the story then   you need to live it and stand  by it and  practice  it each  day... With  each person you  come into  contact  with on the  forums not with  just  each other or whom ever y'all are luring in  or  else you  appear rather ridiculous as I saw on page  5 and 6 of this thread.

My  suggestion is to  stop self promoting your  "club" and  just follow the rules LL  has  made clear  because the comments coming  from the  people preaching  this manifesto smack of  rudeness and once again intolerance to something different then they  think or  have set  forth as  how it is.  :smileywink:

Angel, something got lost in translation and I will take responsibility for it.  There is no 'club', rather, there is a spirit that is not captured in the Guidelines or TOS.  It is the attitude or approach that we, as users of this forum should aspire to (my words and wish...you may disagree).  The badges and acronym are playful window dressing on the meat of what I believe and aspire to and that is captured in what I have referred to as the Prime Directive (pasted below).   I agree that we all are responsible for our own words. 

(this forum) should become a place where people can confidently play and disagree without being disagreeable. We seek to recruit more kindred spirits to make coherent arguments regarding the conduct of the forums to Lexie and her Mods. If we are successful then I am sure that we will be able to enjoy ourselves and develop the interest of lurkers and new joiners in participating confidently and comfortably.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.