Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

 


Venus Petrov wrote:

Keli:  I picked up the image from your post on this thread.  Can you not just post another without the white around?  It is no big deal, really. 
:)

 

It seems that when you post an image it changes it to a .jpeg with does not have transparency. But I will try one more time. This one is a .png (or should be). :smileysurprised:

ETA: I was wrong. It only changes the name not the transparency. This one should work! YAY! :)

RankDT.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 


kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

 

Venus Petrov wrote:

@Katt:  No worries, the badge idea is just fun, voluntary and stuff.  You are still a PIC!

 

I take it all back, if the badges are going to be that adorable, then I want one too.

@Keli, can I have a copy too please?

 

eta added an extra o to to to make it too

That's the spirit Kattatonia!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Seraphiel Galaxy wrote:

 

Venus Petrov wrote:

PIC = Provincial Insular Core

/me laughs

We  (meaning ALL of us) are automatically PICards!

 

Provincial? ouch.......a person lacking urban polish or refinement

eeh bah gum *laughs*

 

It is an illustration of taking what was meant to be a term of derision, polishing it up and adopting it!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Seraphiel Galaxy wrote:

Ahh now I understand......just so long as we've all been polished :smileywink:

 

Thanks again Venus for explaining its origin

Maybe this will help explain.  More so, I would be interested in your opinion, as well.  We are all in this together.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Venus Petrov wrote:

 One that is independent from any other 'entity' basking in it's fading glory.  This one will more closely reflect our spirit and intent.



 

I am not sure what "entity" you are talking about here or whom as it  appears to be  directed at someone and   how do you  know it is  basking in its fading  glory... Please explain

Also,  who's spirit and intent??? Who is the  "our" in that  comment???

What  you are  describing to me sounds like  yet another  what we call down here in real where I live the  "ole boys club"  city people call them  "social clubs" not really  inclusive for all  but people that are already in a  pre-formed group to  designate who you all are to  each other or  rub another's face in that  "group/club of unspoken members".  I  wouldn't have had that thought until the  comment you  made that I have  quoted above.  I actually  feel like there  is an  ulterior motive or meaning  behind the  words. Possibly a slam to another person.  Wow  I hope not... doesn't show  much  "spirit" but it  does show "intent".  

As  for  spirit and intent .. I think  LL has  already made it  crystal clear what their expectations are from us as  residents  and as people posting on their  forum and if  we do not follow it we are banned.  Surely  by  saying "closely reflect our spirit and intent. "  this will be the  same  expectations LL has already set out?? I am not sure how  you all are  going to revamp a  system LL  has set up  to be  based on how  y'all   want it to reflect  things as  far as what  y'all consider  "spirit and intent".

Thanks  for  educating a  simple country  girl!!  :smileywink:

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Keli Kyrie wrote:

 

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

Well, I am very new at this photoshopping but I saved the image and brought it in to PS.  Now I think I just need to use the little lasso tool to cut away the white part, right?  But how do I make a transparent layer?

Make sure that what you are looking at is transparent like you want it. Then save it as a PNG and that should work.
:)

 

well it's been fun practicing, but I decided to go with another one of your creations instead, the no rank rank

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Angel Harmison wrote:


Venus Petrov wrote:

 One that is independent from any other 'entity' basking in it's fading glory.  This one will more closely reflect our spirit and intent.



 

I am not sure what "entity" you are talking about here or whom as it  appears to be  directed at someone and   how do you  know it is  basking in its fading  glory... Please explain

Also,  who's spirit and intent??? Who is the  "our" in that  comment???

What  you are  describing to me sounds like  yet another  what we call down here in real where I live the  "ole boys club"  city people call them  "social clubs" not really  inclusive for all  but people that are already in a  pre-formed group to  designate who you all are to  each other or  rub another's face in that  "group/club of unspoken members".  I  wouldn't have had that thought until the  comment you  made that I have  quoted above.  I actually  feel like there  is an  ulterior motive or meaning  behind the  words. Possibly a slam to another person.  Wow  I hope not... doesn't show  much  "spirit" but it  does show "intent".  

As  for  spirit and intent .. I think  LL has  already made it  crystal clear what their expectations are from us as  residents  and as people posting on their  forum and if  we do not follow it we are banned.  Surely  by  saying "closely reflect our spirit and intent. "  this will be the  same  expectations LL has already set out?? I am not sure how  you all are  going to revamp a  system LL  has set up  to be  based on how  y'all   want it to reflect  things as  far as what  y'all consider  "spirit and intent".


Thanks  for  educating a  simple country  girl!!  :smileywink:

 

The aim is not to slam any one particular group or entity (I would not know them all and some likely do not have names), but to set us (we are all automatically PICards) up as those who will work with the LL staff who administer and 'run' these forums.  If what is written in the Prime Directive resonates with you, then awesome!  If something about it does not, please say so.  Here it is again:

 

(this forum) should become a place where people can confidently play and disagree without being disagreeable. We seek to recruit more kindred spirits to make coherent arguments regarding the conduct of the forums to Lexie and her Mods. If we are successful then I am sure that we will be able to enjoy ourselves and develop the interest of lurkers and new joiners in participating confidently and comfortably.


The 'our' in the line you reference is 'us' ..all forum participants...you, me, and everyone else who posts here.  It is as sweepingly inclusive as can be.  We are aligned with LL's 'spirit and intent' and we have been working with them to create an environment that is conducive to what the is in italics above.  For example, this subforum was created as a result of our requests.  Other subforums have been created as well.  Many of us have provided one-on-one feedback with Lexie Linden and the moderators.  Some of us have attended the Community Tools User Group meetings (all are welcome) to discuss and provide feedback.  Several threads have been created to discuss relevant issues around use of these forums.  These are just a few examples of how we seek to work WITH LL to make this an environment where people feel comfortable expressing themselves.

The 'avatars' that Keli created for badges are just fun representations of PIC.  Use it or not, you are still a PICard!

Link to post
Share on other sites


Storm Clarence wrote:

 

Fenn MacMoragh wrote:

 

Storm Clarence wrote:

 

 

PICards are all of us.  No elitism.  When you post to this forum you are a PICard - whether you 'care' or not.

It is too bad you didn't read the 'prime directive' you would not have added your elitist comment.  

Yes, it is the responsibility of all PICards to empower each other, and without distinction.   

 

Ahhh... so it is also your responsibility to demean and insult other people and their posts as I have seen you do in other threads. 

 

I am not sure I am following you Fenn.  Did I demean [sic] you at any time? I have over 3K posts to this forum and I do not recall demeaning any person, race, group, or entity.  Do you care to expand on your comment?

 

Really?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Storm Clarence wrote:

 

I am not sure I am following you Fenn.  Did I demean [sic] you at any time? I have over 3K posts to this forum and I do not recall demeaning any person, race, group, or entity.  Do you care to expand on your comment?

 

 

HA! HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

You've got a short memory then, Storm. Must be all the pills you take to contain your rageaholic tendencies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Nathaniel Scorpio wrote:

 

Storm Clarence wrote:

 

I am not sure I am following you Fenn.  Did I demean [sic] you at any time? I have over 3K posts to this forum and I do not recall demeaning any person, race, group, or entity.  Do you care to expand on your comment?

 

 

HA! HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

You've got a short memory then, Storm. Must be all the pills you take to contain your rageaholic tendencies. 

 

Calling it the way it is.  Bullies and spammers. 

Is this another hyper-emotional response of yours?  We have a conscience and know our values and what ways of acting in which we believe.

Your shame is a message about your self esteem. Taking responsibility for your own actions/words can become a way to gain back self esteem.    If you 'feel' you were being demeaned - what triggers your impotent, helpless feelings - someone who calls you out for bullying?  Shame leads to doubts about yourself at your very core and to the idea that you are somehow flawed and do not quite measure up to your own expectations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Ima Rang wrote:


Storm Clarence wrote:

 

Fenn MacMoragh wrote:

 

Storm Clarence wrote:

 

 

PICards are all of us.  No elitism.  When you post to this forum you are a PICard - whether you 'care' or not.

It is too bad you didn't read the 'prime directive' you would not have added your elitist comment.  

Yes, it is the responsibility of all PICards to empower each other, and without distinction.   

 

Ahhh... so it is also your responsibility to demean and insult other people and their posts as I have seen you do in other threads. 

 

I am not sure I am following you Fenn.  Did I demean [sic] you at any time? I have over 3K posts to this forum and I do not recall demeaning any person, race, group, or entity.  Do you care to expand on your comment?

 

Really?

Storm, are you seeing a pattern here?  You are a nice guy and all and you do have some witty moments but you also have a few ... wild tangents.  It is something we have all done at times.  When you say you have never been demeaning to anyone while calling them hyper-emotional in the next post, it does not support your position very well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Storm, are you seeing a pattern here?  You are a nice guy and all and you do have some witty moments but you also have a few ... wild tangents.  It is something we have all done at times.  When you say you have never been demeaning to anyone while calling them hyper-emotional in the next post, it does not support your position very well.

 

 

I don't come out swinging.  I respond.  The history is long and deep - as you know and understand.  I throw back what is thrown my way.  I encourage all to throw humor my way; and many do - I respond accordingly.  Be a bully and I will bully right back - whether  'ALL' readers can grasp the tangential, or not.

 

This thread is about all of us - if you want to make it about me - cool.  I will stand my ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Storm Clarence wrote:

I don't come out swinging.  I respond.  The history is long and deep - as you know and understand.  I throw back what is thrown my way.  I encourage all to throw humor my way; and many do - I respond accordingly.  Be a bully and I will bully right back - whether  'ALL' readers can grasp the tangential, or not.

This thread is about all of us - if you want to make it about me - cool.  I will stand my ground.

 

Storm,

Your Prime Directive seems to be of import to you. It has been my long-held belief that things of import to us are also things we defend strongly. You are the one in control of your keyboard, you should use that control to post in accordance with your true nature and stated beliefs. If it is so important to you, then act it, live it, show others how strong you can be and how right are those words.

PS: Your post count is substantially below 3K. You should probably edit your reply that states otherwise to correct that factual error.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Darrius Gothly wrote:

  then act it, live it, show others how strong you can be and how right are those words.

PS: Your post count is substantially below 3K. You should probably edit your reply that states otherwise to correct that factual error.

 

 

The lithium post count does not reflect posts to the off topic forum.   The software I designed, and for my personal consumption, allows me to understand exactly my post count totals.  The Lithium software contains the factual errors.

 Furthermore, your usage of the word  'substantially' to support your statement is a factual error; as I do not consider <10% a 'substantial' number - unless we are talking about margin of error when tossing hand grenades or horse shoes.  

 

PS My software and consultation on its implementation may be available, at no charge, to anyone that requests.

ETA The Prime Directive is not mine - it is ours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Storm Clarence wrote:

The lithium post count does not reflect posts to the off topic forum.   The software I designed, and for my personal consumption, allows me to understand exactly my post count totals.  The Lithium software contains the factual errors.

 Furthermore, your usage of the word  'substantially' to support your statement is a factual error; as I do not consider <10% a 'substantial' number - unless we are talking about margin of error when tossing hand grenades or horse shoes.  

 

PS My software and consultation on its implementation may be available, at no charge, to anyone that requests.  

 

Again I point out that you are not adhering to the letter of your Prime Directive. Your reply to me is laced with an air of anger, yet I did not attack you. Under the terms of your Prime Directive, your response should have been one of positive acknowledgement and gratitude, along with an even-handed explanation of the discrepancy.

Storn, only you set the tone of your responses. You are the one that posted the Prime Directive and thus should be the one to hold the torch aloft for others to follow. Please, you are causing great disappointment amongst your followers by your failure to demonstrate how best to implement those brave bold words.

PS: If I manage to decrease my expenses by 10%, that is a very substantial savings. For some people, 300 posts is a lifetime's worth. I suppose for some, 300 posts is but a days activity here, but to most the number is very large. It is, in the end, relative to one's personal POV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...